• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Story Et Fall Thread***

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How is everybody sizing these? Especially the people that have already received them?
I'm a US12, which would be a 45, but in the sizing chart i appear to be a 46-46.5. Lian advised me to go with a 45 though, I want to trust him but also don't want something too small.

mzez

Reaction score
any pics of the johdpurs? have only seen the black sidezips and suede chelseas

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How is everybody sizing these? Especially the people that have already received them?
I'm a US12, which would be a 45, but in the sizing chart i appear to be a 46-46.5. Lian advised me to go with a 45 though, I want to trust him but also don't want something too small.

he told me it's a roomy toebox, thus sizing down was safe; this didn't surprise me because I size down from brannock frequently.

edit: not that I actually have my boots. I'll post how that decision pans out when they arrive.

Last edited:

burghler

Reaction score
It's the same one listed on their contact page([email protected]). If you haven't, check your spam folder. I've been sending him questions about his boots and other not yet available sneakers since late November, as MTO wasn't ready at the time and I was still on the fence between these and other shoes. He usually had an answer for me within the day, except when I asked if I could do a suede zip upper with natural soles, but even then, he replied within several hours telling me he'd have to check with the manufacturer first.
What was his answer on suede side-zips?

Last edited:

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a reply. Signed up for the next batch of gy tan calf suede chelsea for late March

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Suede side zips with natural soles were okay as of about a week or so ago.

@reedobandito post some pics please :nodding:

Last edited:

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spoke with him via email last year about doing a grey suede size zips, I'm suppose to send him some pictures...gotta get to doing that now.

vlxvndr

Reaction score
When do you expect to get them?

I was just placed on the order list for late march for a pair of black calf sidezips and tan suede chelseas. Still unsure on the sizing and would love to know how they run so I can make a decision from there.

zoomeyz

Reaction score
Sent an email to Lian about pricing and availability, here's what he had to say:

Quote:
Figured I'd post here to make it easier for everyone.

I'm keen on seeing more pictures / reviews of the stuff they do, it sounds pretty great on paper.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why does lunar new year matter if they none of it is made in asia?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's made in China.

edit:
He's in Stockholm
Materials sourced in Italy
Manufactured (and shipped from?) China

Last edited:

phosej

Reaction score
Hi all, just discovered this thread. I received a pair of the cemented side zips in black calf leather a while ago, but I sold them and ordered the exact same pair in GY welted. I should receive the new pair sometime in February. Can anyone who owns MMM sidezips compare them further in terms of last/shape/quality? Before I discovered this brand I really wanted to get a pair of the famous MMM sidezips. I am considering purchasing a pair of black MMM sidezips (FW13), but I feel like it would be a little redundant as I already have a pair of side zips on order from Lian. Or I could purchase both and then keep the one I like the best... Any advice? @Razele @reedobandito @canstyleace @cyc wid it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads