• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

STORM SURGE: The Official Hurricane Sandy Thread

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There is another one in the CE but 5 pages in I think there are 3 posts about the hurricane.

Who's hunkered down? Who's tired of reporters in red parkas with peacocks or eyes or whatever the ABC logo is shouting over crashing waves and winds?

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Current impact - house smells like a really wet dog.

I work from home, so I'm half hoping I lose power. Will probably come to regret saying that when I lose power for an extended period of time.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a generator, bitches.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I really hope I don't lose power. This thing is so huge that they won't be able to call in reinforcements from other areas. Which means I'll be out for a very long time. In that derecho thing we had over the summer I lost juice for EIGHT DAYS.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^This is what I'm afraid of.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
stay safe and dry, guys.

When Ike hit us, we were without power for 15 days. We did have running water and a generator, though.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Will this impact anyone's posting? Stitches? You gonna make it, laddie?

Hope everyone stays safe and dry. I was Face TIming with someone from Manhattan last night and it did not look too ominous at that time.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The People's Republic of DC may overtax and underdeliver, but it doesn't lose power in the areas around downtown. (Hopefully not famous last words!) I'm going to watch the football game and crack open a few cold ones when it's storming outside.

Isn't Sandy supposed to make landfall around Baltimore? Stay safe, Baltimoreans!

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Will this impact anyone's posting? Stitches? You gonna make it, laddie?
Hope everyone stays safe and dry. I was Face TIming with someone from Manhattan last night and it did not look too ominous at that time.

Stitches prepped for the storm, he purchased 6 laptop batteries and they are all fully charged.

Its been windy here and started raining. We literally just got a gust of wind that looked like it was going to bring all the trees down:fu:

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

When Ike hit us

tina_turner_28020_1358144c.jpg

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
picking up here, probably will lose internet so have preemptively downloaded a bunch of movies. storm supplies purchased: case of water, case of poweraid, case of hard cider and 2 bottles of wine. apparently VA beach has started flooding badly from the pictures people have been texting me.

Last edited:

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Baltimore is not bad yet; it's been raining steadily but actually has eased up a bit in the past hour or two. The governor has told everyone to stay off the roads, but we are all here at work. Nothing will ship today, though, UPS and FedEx and basically all the LTLs are not picking up or making deliveries. A bunch of my suppliers in PA and NJ are in low-lying areas and my supply chain will likely be fuxxored after all this.

They're calling for 50-80mph gusts later tonight, which basically means power is guaranteed to go out. Which will suck, but I do have some ice, and since we're on city water and have a gas stove and gas hot water we shouldn't be crushed. Will be a PITA though, as no doubt we will lose a bunch of stuff from the refrig. I wish I had some more firewood. Might have to try to address that at some point today.

I do have a lot of wine, a lot of cheese, some good cold cuts, and crusty bread. Maybe the wife and I will have to get close this evening.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
[insert standard douglas gravel driveway joke]

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in Michigan, will i get affected??? I already packed alot of canned food for the winter so i should be OK!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics