1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Storing pocket squares?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by demeis, May 12, 2005.

1. demeis

demeis Distinguished Member

How do you store you pocket squares? I have been folding my and then making a pile but this is somewhat cumbersome to go through any other ways? I've been trying to find a rack that spins with the plastic pinchy things like in most stores but havne't had any luck. Can anyone point me to one?

2. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior Member

I store mine 3 ways. 1- the cotton and linen ones in a drawer (or two) of one of the antique map chests that I also store cufflinks in. The low height of the map drawers is ideal for both links and pocket squares. 2- A round belt ring, with the separate plastic "pinchers", available on Ebay 3 - A ladies scarf holder. Works great for silk pocket squares too, except they get wrinkled when inserted. Not a big problem, as they will anyway when inserted into your breast pocket. [​IMG] not mine, but an example of a map chest [​IMG]

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Distinguished Member

4. Cliff

Cliff Senior Member

Why use a pocket protector of course. [​IMG] Sorry, I had to do it........I'll leave now.

5. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I have some linen and cotton ones that I keep pre-folded and in a small box. My silk squares I have draped over a couple of trouser hangers, ones like you get from the dry cleaner with the cardboard ring around the bar. I'd like a better system. This one is pretty ad hoc.

6. Kai

Kai Distinguished Member

I use note holders like this one: http://www.enotalone.com/kitchen/B0000CFUHP.html I just screwed a long flat piece of steel to the wall of my closet; then stuck a bunch of magnetic note holders to it. I hang my pocket squares from the note holders. Each holder will hold about 8 squares.

7. demeis

Hey cuffthis, love the pics very helpful think i'm gonna pick up a ring with pinchers thats what i'm most looking for my silk pocket squres and keep folding my linen and cotton ones. On a sidenot where did you pick up those tie holder? I need a better way besides hangers to organize my ties and i need a bigger closet as well.

8. whnay.

whnay. Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Check the Container Store, last time I was there they had such a item.

9. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior Member

I didn't make myself clear above. Belt ring and pinchers were purchased separately. Check Ebay for sellers of hangers. There are several wholesalers who also have these pinchers if you ask. Something like $20 for 100 of them.

I use the cedar tie racks (available by mail order from Land's End, BB, etc) to also store my braces.

10. Will

Will Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

I jumble about a hundred of them in a drawer. The silk ones are better for this treatment. It's not as successful for linen, but then they need cleaning after a wearing anyway.

11. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior Member

100? Glad to know I'm not the only one with way more than enough [​IMG]

12. demeis

Just found a cheap way to store the silk pocket squares. My closet has wire shelfs that i can hang them on like so. [​IMG]