• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Storing new AE Park Avenue's in original box, okay or not?

boxdiver

Reaction score
I bought a pair a few weeks ago and have worn them once. I have them currently in the the cloth covers they come with and in the box. I also have trees in them.

Am I doing the shoes any good by keeping them like this or just wasting space in my closet?

Thanks.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
plain.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by boxdiver
I bought a pair a few weeks ago and have worn them once. I have them currently in the the cloth covers they come with and in the box. I also have trees in them.

Am I doing the shoes any good by keeping them like this or just wasting space in my closet?

Thanks.

them bitches goni blow up. beware

sockpuppets

Reaction score
I carefully buried mine in my back yard. This spring a shoe tree popped up!

Lynx_the_one

Reaction score
As long as you have shoe trees in them, where you keep them really doesn't matter as long as it's dry and not super bright. Dust bags are good for keeping dust off them however.

madstaxbro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sockpuppets
I carefully buried mine in my back yard. This spring a shoe tree popped up!

Why did I laugh so hard.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They can get deformed a bit if it's a cramped fit in that shoebox. From time to time you see NOS shoes with funky creases around the collar because the shoe was stored upside down or wedged strangely against it mate.

boxdiver

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lynx_the_one
As long as you have shoe trees in them, where you keep them really doesn't matter as long as it's dry and not super bright. Dust bags are good for keeping dust off them however.

Originally Posted by Dewey
They can get deformed a bit if it's a cramped fit in that shoebox. From time to time you see NOS shoes with funky creases around the collar because the shoe was stored upside down or wedged strangely against it mate.

Originally Posted by jaw4527
Just throw in cedar shoe trees. No need to keep them in the original box.

Thanks for the serious responses. It's my first pair of nice shoes and people go crazy at a simple question. I'd think that at a site like this where many people spend thousands more dollars per year on clothes to simply impress people that I'd get more positive responses.

a-rock

Reaction score
I think basically you're asking if there's anything special about the box, like is it lined with cedar or have special coatings on the cardboard that repel foot funk, buff out scratches, and regenerate leather heels? Nope. It's just a cardboard shoebox like any other shoebox.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads