• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Storing cuff links

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I need to store about 20-50 pairs of cuff links. The box should have divided sections for each pair. Hopefully $100 or less.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is a website owned by some guys in Dallas who also have a custom clothing/custom shirts business here as well. They have some 20 pair cases for $75 and some 36 pair cases for $125 that seem pretty nice. They are different style than what you describe, but might work. There is also a leather travel model that holds 15 pair for $45 (2 would give you 30 pair for $90).

http://www.cufflinks.com/wood.html

http://www.cufflinks.com/leather.html

ferry1950

Reaction score
I have collected several hundred cuff links over the last 20 plus years and a couple of years ago I felt the need to organize them by size, color, type,etc.
I ended up going to a local antique mall with dozens of stalls to find suitable storge.
I found a 100 + year old Chinese drawer that had indivual compartments lined in felt.
There are four dividers per drawer and I can lay out 10-15 links per divider, without them touching.
The drawer cost about $150.
It looks great. I also have a smaller box on top of the drawer that I storge my watches and eyeglasses, so everthing is one spot when I dress.
ghw

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I recall reading that cuffthis had some custom-made. Seems like a lot of people do this.

Mark, those cufflinks.com ones look good, might even be more efficient than the divided section design. Thanks much.

cuffthis

Reaction score
I would recommend buying a Map Chest. You can find these in furniture stores. They have real thin drawers that are perfect for storing and displaying your collection.

Cost s/b $200 or less for one with 3-5 drawers, and that will easily hold 250 - 400 pairs.

drljva

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
This is a website owned by some guys in Dallas who also have a custom clothing/custom shirts business here as well. They have some 20 pair cases for $75 and some 36 pair cases for $125 that seem pretty nice. They are different style than what you describe, but might work. There is also a leather travel model that holds 15 pair for $45 (2 would give you 30 pair for $90).

http://www.cufflinks.com/wood.html

http://www.cufflinks.com/leather.html

I purchased the double-decker, leather version of their "Classic Cufflinks Collector's Case" (don't know if they still sell those -- it's not on their site anymore...); I'm very happy with it (though it doesn't store all of my collection...). I'm quite tempted to get their new "Master Cufflinks Collector's Case".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads