• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stores to check out in Philly?

amd123

Reaction score
Going to philly soon and stopping at King of Prussia as well.
Any cool stores to check out?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sherman Brothers Shoe Store on Samson st. is a nice stop. Around the corner on 15th street is a great coffee shop too.

gnumonic

Reaction score
Not a clothes suggestion, but if you get the chance go to Buddakan and get the Dim Sum Donuts and/or the Chocolate Bento Box.

As for shopping, I didn't look incredibly hard while I lived there (was strapped for cash), but from what I could gather you really should just skip the city and go to King of Prussia.

Prestosmp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amd123
Going to philly soon and stopping at King of Prussia as well.
Any cool stores to check out?

So i live 15 minutes from KOP and I would say you will like to hit up Brooks Brothers, Aldo, Macy's, Neiman's, Thomas Pink, Jcrew, Kenneth Cole. There are just a lot of stores to hit up there.

SPK

Reaction score
realyy isnt much. Barneys co-op maybe. Just eat lots of hoagies and cheesesteaks. Check out reading terminal and eat at roast pork place so good.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forget that. Eat at Panda Express.

amd123

Reaction score
well funny thing is im in Harrisburg and the city is the capitol but really its a boring shitfest

Prestosmp

Reaction score
Also try Boyd's on Chestnut street

jms

Reaction score

Last edited:

PRL Style

Reaction score
I've been to Boyd's and IMO it is pretty lame...went there plenty of times before reading about in GQ and then went again to see if it improved and was really disappointed.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amd123
well funny thing is im in Harrisburg and the city is the capitol but really its a boring shitfest

Honestly if you go to most states the state capital is a shithole. Albany in New York effing blows. Sacramento is really lame. I think it's because most states were made by farmers and settlers who didn't trust big cities so they stick the capital in the lamest place possible.

Having said that, 2nd street in Harrisburg wasn't too bad last time I was down there. A lot of drunk college girls as I recall.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daffy's is worth doing. On Chestnut I think?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads