1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Stores that are not too expensive in NYC?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ryan123, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Thanks for the help
    Hows the price at steven alan, Famous friends, Atrium and seven?

Medium high (for reference, tees from about $50, max out in the $1000 range), medium high, overpriced and medium high, and high.

3. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

^^^ Atrium?

Bingo! Thanks GS.

They have a lot of cheesy stuff (TR, RR, EH, etc...) but sometimes you'll get lucky. Last time I was there I saw some nudies marked down 30% on the same table as the organic denim tagged at $700+ but they also have Sewns and PRPS and a few others.

4. Chauncey Gardner

Chauncey Gardner Well-Known Member

Alrite guys I have eliminated some of those high end stores from my list.[​IMG] How about recommending me some good department stores then?[​IMG]
    === Department stores rattle my nerves, which is why I mostly settle for Lord & Taylor, which is fairly sleepy but very accommodating (Fifth Avenue at 38 Street). Simply take the far-left elevator, which discreetly whisks you right to the Men's Shop on the 10th floor. During Lord & Taylor sales, you save from 20% off, to racks of "take additional 25% off lowest ticket," and then if you tell a salesman that you lost your coupon that your mother gave you he may supply you with one -- which altogether can easily add up to 70% off. I've never bought anything there that I wasn't satisfied with. Solicit a salesman's assistance by all means, and that way you'll quickly find out if the store offers anything you're interested in; you'll have too little time in NY to waste it. Fitting rooms at L&T are numerous and pleasant. Truth to tell, I often find even more unbelievable bargains at the far more high-end Bergdorf Goodman, Fifth Avenue & 56, on the THIRD FLOOR, but there I end up finding fewer things. Both L&T and BG have reliable and knowledgeable salesmen; for instance, at both stores I've been set to buy items when the salesman would simply and directly say, "Take it off, it doesn't do anything for you," and then he'll help me find what is right.

5. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

I have still never been in Lord & Taylor here...what are their main men's brands? I always assumed it was similar to Macy's.

6. Chauncey Gardner

Chauncey Gardner Well-Known Member

I have still never been in Lord & Taylor here...what are their main men's brands? I always assumed it was similar to Macy's.
    --- Yes, I'm sure it must be very similar to Macy's (and with smaller selection, being a way smaller store). But Macy's gives me a near-complete nervous breakdown, so what department store shopping I do is satisfied at Lord & Taylor. I only discovered their Men's Dept. recently; some say it's one of NY's best kept secrets. Anyway, he's asking for bargains on a student's budget, and looking back I now feel terribly guilty that my college excesses cost my parents so much. Amusingly, I was recently on my way back to Bergdorf's with a pair of Mason's (I think that's the wrong spelling) Italian chinos that I thought were out of sight but that were too tight in the seat (a problem, I find, with Italian pants on my body, but never with French, which seem made for a somewhat rounder butt). I hated giving up the Mason's pants so badly that I stopped at Lord & Taylor just to use their fitting rooms to have yet another look at the pants on me, and in the process chanced to find a perfect substitute. So I got them ($100) and returned the BG ones (around $250).

7. zacharydschroeder

zacharydschroeder Senior member

8. robbie

robbie Senior member

Salvation Army

ermm... I believe you meant to say Salvation Armani ZF.

9. zacharydschroeder

zacharydschroeder Senior member

10. Souper

Souper Senior member

is saks 25% off accross the board or selected items on black friday?