Store recommendations in Sydney Australia

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by moosy, Jun 22, 2006.

1. moosy

moosy Senior member

I am going to Sydney next week for a mixture of work and travel and wondered if there are any stores/labels I shouldn't miss.

Thanks

2. Wade M

Wade M Senior member

Jeans wise there's Imperials in Darlinghurst (see my other thread on location etc).

For local shopping I'd suggest checking out Paddington and Bondi Westfield.

For general designer clothing, check out Martin Place and the sourrounding areas (you'll find AE, Hermes, LV, Prada, Gucci etc). No major discounts or anything tho....

Cheers,
    Wade

3. Wade M

Wade M Senior member

Feel free to PM with more Q's if u got em

~W

4. swooc

swooc Senior member

Set your face to stunned for the prices they offer here :p.

5. dauphin

dauphin Member

Thought I might resurrect this thread for the Australia based members.

There's a store in Haymarket (behind Capital Theatre) selling LVCs, PBJs, Evisu and Redwing boots. I think its run by some Honkies, called Corlection (really dumb name) but there's a small but decent selection of Japanese denim.

Stumbled across Icarus Store on Reservoir Street in Surry Hills the other day. They stock Wings & Horns, Patrik Ervell, Loden Dager, Commune de Paris and a few other brands. Spoke to the owner, seems like a pretty chill guy...he said they'll be bringing more labels in the coming months like Yuketen, APC, Clarks Originals. Bought a pair of Patrik Ervell jeans at 40% off [​IMG]

Incu is having a sale at the moment but haven't had a chance to check it out. Anyone have other places worth mentioning?

6. theom-

theom- Senior member

Definitely check out Deus Ex machina in camperdown on parramatta, really nice guys and cool bikes. I was in sydney this time last year and they were having a great sale on their winter wear. Also, Incu in downtown carries band of outsiders. There's also a camper shoe store that might be having a sale.

7. dauphin

dauphin Member

yeah Deus Ex Machina is one of my favourite stores to visit in Sydney. Also, head to Sable & Argent down in Wolloomooloo for the fixie and scooter enthusiasts

8. Danzar

Danzar Well-Known Member

9. laphroaig

laphroaig Senior member

Thought I might resurrect this thread for the Australia based members. There's a store in Haymarket (behind Capital Theatre) selling LVCs, PBJs, Evisu and Redwing boots. I think its run by some Honkies, called Corlection (really dumb name) but there's a small but decent selection of Japanese denim. Stumbled across Icarus Store on Reservoir Street in Surry Hills the other day. They stock Wings & Horns, Patrik Ervell, Loden Dager, Commune de Paris and a few other brands. Spoke to the owner, seems like a pretty chill guy...he said they'll be bringing more labels in the coming months like Yuketen, APC, Clarks Originals. Bought a pair of Patrik Ervell jeans at 40% off [​IMG] Incu is having a sale at the moment but haven't had a chance to check it out. Anyone have other places worth mentioning?
    Thanks for this info. I will take a look at both stores next time I'm near the CBD. I'd like to take a look at the Pure Blue Chinos. And they are kidding about selling 501xx shrink to fit for $150? They are less than $50 online and that would include shipping.

10. dauphin

dauphin Member

Thanks for this info. I will take a look at both stores next time I'm near the CBD. I'd like to take a look at the Pure Blue Chinos. And they are kidding about selling 501xx shrink to fit for $150? They are less than $50 online and that would include shipping.
    Don't think their website has been updated for a while but yeah that is a pretty good price for 501xx.

11. jaac

jaac Senior member

12. ryanohare

ryanohare Senior member

Set your face to stunned for the prices they offer here :p.

+1

Unless this guy's flying in from the North Pole, I'd advise against spending big dollahs on clothing in Sydney.

13. ysb

ysb Senior member

Funny, I was thinking of making the same thread, but just saw this. I'll be there next week and was planning on seeing if the Icarus store will still have any sale items left.

14. dauphin

dauphin Member

where is the cheapest place to find spring courts in Sydney?

15. srendam

srendam Senior member