1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Stop wearing dress shoes (oxfords, brogues, monks) without socks!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by edmorel, Aug 19, 2009.

1. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

No show socks!?!

Ether man up and wear em sockless, or wear socks.

If you chose to wear no-show socks, match them up nicely with a pre-folded pocket square and a clip on tie.

I go sockless on occasion. But the issue becomes blisters.

In the battle to fight blisters, I would don no show socks. But I own none.

2. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

I'd rather have the blisters [​IMG]

Mowmow, I hate you! [​IMG]

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

No show socks!?!

Ether man up and wear em sockless, or wear socks.

If you chose to wear no-show socks, match them up nicely with a pre-folded pocket square and a clip on tie.

I've turned against no show socks for myself. I wear them with sneakers, but not with leather soled shoes. I've tried lots of different brands but none seems to be truly no-show or if they are, they don't stay put on my feet. I now simply sprinkle a little powder in shoes, and then I'm set for the rest of the day.

4. maomao1980

maomao1980 Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'd rather have the blisters [​IMG]

Mowmow, I hate you! [​IMG]

Make loafer socks, not hate

5. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

I've turned against no show socks for myself. I wear them with sneakers, but not with leather soled shoes. I've tried lots of different brands but none seems to be truly no-show or if they are, they don't stay put on my feet. I now simply sprinkle a little powder in shoes, and then I'm set for the rest of the day.

Have you tried Gold Toe's "no show" slipper socks? They are no slip and no show[​IMG]

6. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Have you tried Gold Toe's "no show" slipper socks? They are no slip and no show[​IMG]
    I haven't, but may give them a try.