1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Stop the Texting People...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by michaeljkrell, Sep 6, 2008.

1. RSS

RSS Senior member

Sometimes it's not convenient to speak on the phone. I know i don't like to do so in public that much (bus, train, etc...)

Often myself or a friend will want to give quick impressions or share an anecdote or sighting that doesn't actually need an immediate response or a response at all.

For a significant other or one you're "seeing" it's a nice way of staying in touch with them or letting eachother know you're thinking about the other. Doesn't have to be sappy but can be "just found this great bakery we should check out one of these days" or something like that.

All of these reasons are ... well ... quite reasonable. I can't believe I'm saying this ... but perhaps it is in my interest to take up texting and join the 21c.