Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Stop Me

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Cary Grant, May 31, 2011.

1. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Is it that much smaller than the Panda? I'm 6'6" with size 13+ feet and drive my GF's Panda easily.

No Panda's in the US to compare to but apparently.
    It's roomier inside (and smaller outside) than a Mini Cooper.

I'm 6'2" - with the factory sunroof I have about 1/2" headroom- much better without. The dealer installs a (better) aftermarket sunroof with much better headroom. The "Loung" model with the glass roof has a lot of headroom.

The 500 has "chair height" seating... don't know about the panda but wonder if it's the more typical lower seating.

2. Jerome

Jerome Senior member

Go for it!
    [​IMG]

I like the 'cinquecento' old and new, other elegant designs by Fiat are for example the Barchetta and the Spider-convertibles.

3. xpress

xpress Senior member

I'm seriously considering one of these as a weekend/track toy...
    Well, the Abarth version (Providing it makes it across the shore)

How amazing would 170hp be in that thing?!

4. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

I'm seriously considering one of these as a weekend/track toy...
    Well, the Abarth version (Providing it makes it across the shore)

How amazing would 170hp be in that thing?!

The Abarth is coming barring any major changes. Dealer says they may have them around Feb/March. My guy has driven one and says it may have real issues in snowy Minnesota with the trim/skirting and ground clearance. I've seen spy shots claiming to be a 2013 mule for an AWD version.

Abarth supposedly wil have something like 160horses base and higher in the SS version. They are guessing it will be a $5-10k premium over the current base prices.

EDIT: Though since seeing that the EV may be next and what they may charge for it, the Abarth might price well into the $30's.

5. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Done.

picked it up today... [​IMG]

6. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Pics!!!

7. A Y

A Y Senior member

I guess we failed. Congratulations! Color, pics, details?

--Andre

8. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

I'll have pics in a bit.

9. nootje

nootje Senior member

The Abarth is coming barring any major changes. Dealer says they may have them around Feb/March. My guy has driven one and says it may have real issues in snowy Minnesota with the trim/skirting and ground clearance. I've seen spy shots claiming to be a 2013 mule for an AWD version.

Abarth supposedly wil have something like 160horses base and higher in the SS version. They are guessing it will be a $5-10k premium over the current base prices.

EDIT: Though since seeing that the EV may be next and what they may charge for it, the Abarth might price well into the $30's.

I can vouch for the ground clearance issue on the abarth. My inlaws have one and it barely makes it up the driveway without touching the ground..

10. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

A few quick snaps from last night, pre-sunroof install. I have a loaner now, in "Rame", their copper/orange Lounge model... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

So how is it? It's an intriguing car to say the least.

Also, my 3 year old neighbor wants to race you. He has a blue and red Little Tikes with a yellow targa top

12. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    cool car! i've been looking at those, too. need something for around-town grocery shopping, errand-running, etc. and to offset the carbon footprint (and gas bill) of my wife's suv.

13. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

So how is it? It's an intriguing car to say the least.

Also, my 3 year old neighbor wants to race you. He has a blue and red Little Tikes with a yellow targa top

I'll take him on. Any playground, any time. [​IMG]

It's really a kick in the pants to toss around. Make no mistake, it's not a sportscar... just 1.4L 105hp with the torque up in the higher revs; but a rorty little engine that likes to go. I got the sport model with stiffer suspension, bigger wheels etc and you certainly feel the potholes and cracks. They're installing an aftermarket sunroof as we speak so I have the top-end Lounge model for the day... 1" smaller wheels and a softer ride- noticeably so.

Foodie- make sure you try the Sport and the Lounge or Pop versions to compare the ride quality; other than the tuning/ride... the changes between models are largely cosmetic (brightwork, interior details etc.).

As to MPG... I know a couple of owners with the manual tranny averaging about 42mpg after 3500 miles. I have the 6 speed auto/manumatic that, after a day of horsing around was averaging about 34.

You certainly get a lot of notice from passersby.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Make no mistake, it's not a sportscar... just 1.4L 105hp
    Can you check under the hood for me? I'm curious exactly how many hamsters are currently running on the wheel that's powering this thing. Don't worry, I won't tell PETA.

15. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Great question, Rambo. I was curious myself... it's just one. Albeit, one hulking mo-fo of a hamster with a wheel of parm, a bottle of nebbiolo and a pack of Camels.