Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Stone Island

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Concepts_BLC, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Concepts_BLC

Concepts_BLC Well-Known Member

We just picked up the outerwear from Stone Island. Anyone here own any pieces from them? The feedback I have received so far has been amazing. Quality, functionality, and fashion all on point. This is the jacket I think I am going to go with.

http://www.stoneisland.com/item/YOOX...H/areaid//sts/

What do yall think of the jacket and or the line itself? I love to hear feedback on new brands that we pick up.

2. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    stone island kicks ass it's that simple . I would love to carry the line at my store but my customer base simply doesn't understand.

3. Concepts_BLC

Concepts_BLC Well-Known Member

I agree.... I have had a lot of questions like "$600 for a windbreaker???", but then I have people from Europe come in and flip out that we have it in the store and buy it up. I think it is great, and am looking forward to getting the shirts and sweaters in later on this year.

4. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    In europe it's a very popular brand. The fabric and construction is excellent. The designs are contempoary yet functional.
    Here in the states there is no brand idenity so people are like WTF.
    All they have to do is ask.

5. flatfront

flatfront Senior member

Sadly here in the UK Stone Island is a brand that has been faked to death after being picked up a few years ago by the football casuals and has gone much the same way as Burberry which is a shame as the quality and some of the designs are top notch[​IMG]

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The association with football hooligans is the reason that I can't buy the brand, although I recognize that some of the stuff is really well designed and constructed. However, I really do like the "older" CP Company stuff.

Sadly here in the UK Stone Island is a brand that has been faked to death after being picked up a few years ago by the football casuals and has gone much the same way as Burberry which is a shame as the quality and some of the designs are top notch[​IMG]

7. Deluks917

Deluks917 Senior member

It looks pretty cool but too expensive for me for the most part.

8. robin

robin Senior member

Does anyone have any experience with their recent knitwear pieces? Are they worth the price?

And what's the quality like on their diffusion line, CP Company?

9. LA Guy

Does anyone have any experience with their recent knitwear pieces? Are they worth the price?

The quality of CP Company is very good. Massimo Osti actually meant Stone Island to be the sportier, more technical brand, and if anything, Stone Island should be considered the diffusion line, though they are really more "sister" lines than anything else.

10. hustlenflo22

hustlenflo22 Senior member

That's really expensive for something I've never seen/heard of before...looks solid construction wise though

11. LA Guy

stone island kicks ass it's that simple . I would love to carry the line at my store but my customer base simply doesn't understand.

I have the feeling that they would get CP Company though.

12. mpickens8982

mpickens8982 Active Member

We carry Stone Island and CP Company. We have had CP for quite a while, but just started with Stone Island. Both lines are among my favorites for cool technical sportswear that fits great.

13. generic_guy

generic_guy Member

No offence but [​IMG] at CP Company being a diffusuion line.
    Quality on CP Company is excellent though, branding is much less obvious than Stone Island so it isn't faked anywhere near as much, plus it doesn't have the same hooligan stigma. I picked up a CP Company beige down jacket for £70 from TK Maxx last year, which is really nice and the quality is great.
    That said I think Stone Island is about ready to make something of a comeback in the mainstream, despite all the fakes a lot of the jackets are too complicated/technical to be faked.

14. Hugo

Hugo Senior member

The association with football hooligans is the reason that I can't buy the brand, although I recognize that some of the stuff is really well designed and constructed. However, I really do like the "older" CP Company stuff.

It's the same in Sweden. Damn those hooligans imo.

15. robin

robin Senior member

Does the country of origin for manufacturing matter? It seems like Stone Island and CP gets made all over.