• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stinking in public

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think some people in this thread need to get beaten up and left agonizing in the gutter. badly.
+1 on that one, big time. Tickets for stinking; is our culture completely pussified now or what? Maybe the Muslim extremists are on to something after all...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to how Violinist knows what Satan's asshole smells like.

devil.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
+1 on that one, big time. Tickets for stinking; is our culture completely pussified now or what? Maybe the Muslim extremists are on to something after all...
But don't you like shaving?

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel
I think some people in this thread need to get beaten up and left agonizing in the gutter. badly.

!luc

It's obvious some people here smell like ****.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I'm just curious as to how Violinist knows what Satan's asshole smells like.

devil.gif

I've been to Johannesburg.

Associate

Reaction score
I can sometimes tell when a woman has her period by smell...

mayonaise

Reaction score
I might just be a stupid newbie but I have found it hard to believe what some people think they can dish out. I believe its unneccessary to complain about an eldery women, have some respect. And no need to be racist towards people on the bus!

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Luc-Emmanuel

!luc

A Frenchman who is unconcerned about body odor? How odd!

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mayonaise
I might just be a stupid newbie but I have found it hard to believe what some people think they can dish out. I believe its unneccessary to complain about an eldery women, have some respect. And no need to be racist towards people on the bus!

I have a great deal of respect for the elderly, but in this case this woman, who is quite clearly amply able bodied, forfeited that respect when she repeatedly subjected me to one of the foulest stenches I've ever encountered. Clearly she has no respect for people around her, and there's absolutely no reason why I should have any for her. At the end of the day, I've hardly done so much as glanced at her inapropriately, so it's not as if my lack of respect for her has manifested itself in any way she could detect.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Don't rule out some physical ailment of which you are unaware (anosmia, for example), or even depression. It really sucks to be old in our culture, and elderly folk living alone sometimes slip into really weird habits.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
A Frenchman who is unconcerned about body odor? How odd!
rimshot.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
Don't rule out some physical ailment of which you are unaware (anosmia, for example), or even depression. It really sucks to be old in our culture, and elderly folk living alone sometimes slip into really weird habits.

unfortunatly, it does suck to be old and alone,and often they aren't able to keep themselves clean. she may very well be aware that she stinks, and terrifired to bath because she is scared of falling in the shower.

I worked with a guy in india once who stunk like you wouldn't believe. I was told, by another collegue who was indian, that the first guy rubbed himself with a butter mixture as part of a (temporary) religious obligation, and that is what caused him to smell so badly. but this was dead animal in the summer stinking.

vanity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mayonaise

What did I say that could possibly be misinterpreted as racist? They were middle-eastern. I pointed that out.

If they were all women and I mentioned that, would I be sexist?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads