1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Still Waiting for Chan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JLibourel, Jun 10, 2005.

1. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

I note there have been several fellows who have already posted about having received their suits from the W.W. Chan March tour some while ago. Patrick had said "late June," but with other men getting theirs much sooner, I'm getting a little worried and fretful. Are any other forumites still waiting for their March Chan orders. If so, please let me know and put my mind at ease.

2. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

I think LA orders were marked "end of June." I sent them an email in April letting them know that I needed the suits before then, and they responded that it would be no problem. No contact since then.

3. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Thanks, "retro." That's somewhat reassuring. Of course, you were the fellow who really turned me onto Chan. Are you going to be seeing Patrick on his July visit?

4. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am still awaiting my March order. Patrick mentioned simply "June", so it could be a few more weeks.

5. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

Still waiting also. End of June is what Patrick estimated, so I have a few more weeks of anticipation.

6. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

I just got the shipping confirmation today. Suits to arrive by next Friday.

I don't think I'm going to be hitting the July tour stop this time around, unless I decide to get a couple of shirts made. I have started to encroach on my wife's closet space, which is a bad thing on many levels.

7. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

I got my shipping confirmation on Monday, so it's any day now.

8. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You folks better post pics when you receive your suits.

9. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Oh no, I still haven't got my confirmation yet. [​IMG] Well, maybe it'll arrive today. Since "retro" and I are more or less "homies," I'll keep my fingers crossed that my order will arrive around the same time as his.

10. caledoniasoul2

caledoniasoul2 Well-Known Member

i think you should just call chan...see whats up o your specific order....

11. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Thanks for your interest. I e-mailed them yesterday and hope to hear from them momentarily. Much cheaper than a phone call. There is a possibility that my notification from Chan could have arrived in my "Bulk" e-mail, which I customarily delete without perusal.

12. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Just heard from Mr. Wong at Chan. They are shipping out my order June 25, and I should be receiving it a week or so thereafter. If anybody else is in the same boat concerning their March orders, this may be reassuring. As I recall, Chan's US agent is based in Rosemead, CA, which is only about 20 or 25 miles from my house, so this may work to my advantage in getting my order promptly.

Had kind of hoped to receive my blazer in time to take advantage of it during our period of "June gloom," but it looks as if our real summer weather is kicking in when I don't like to wear any kind of jacket except under dire necessity. However, I am sure worse disappointments will befall me in my remaining few years in this ol' world of woe and dread.

13. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Emo blog material.

14. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Finally got my Chan order yesterday. I am totally pleased with the tailoring on my new blazer. (Sorry, I can't post photos.) The Holland & Sherry buttons are not what I thought Mr. Chu and I had agreed upon, but they are so similar I can't complain...if I wasn't confused about this matter to begin with. The fabric is a Vitale Barberis Canonico Super 130, which is what Mr. Chu recommended. However, I have some misgivings about its long-time durability given how frequently I wear a blazer. On the positive side, it should make an excellent summer jacket.

The shirt I ordered was also an excellent fit...makes me dissatisfied with every other dress shirt I own. (I can only wonder how an Alexander Kabbaz shirt would make me feel.) They did screw up one detail. I had ordered French cuffs, I got barrel cuffs. Since I had had some misgivings about ordering the French cuffs, Chan's mistake did not trouble me unduly.

In all, though, extremely pleased and eagerly awaiting my next Chan appointment in a little over three weeks.

15. dah328

dah328 Senior member

They'll replace the cuffs on your shirt if you point that out.  They made a mistake on one of my collars and replaced it when notified of the mistake.

dan

EDIT: I think you'll be pleased with the VBC 130s. It's held up fine under significant use from me. Just don't dry clean it all the time.

16. caledoniasoul2

caledoniasoul2 Well-Known Member

JLibourel

how about some pics of that blazer before chan/chu gets here in July so we can get some inspiration about ordering....

17. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

Thanks for the info. I will mention the matter of the cuffs to Mr. Chu when I see him on the 22nd. I don't want to bother with replacing the cuffs, but maybe he'll give me a slight break on another shirt.

That's very reassuring about the VBC 130s. I believe in dry cleaning garments like that only under dire necessity. I have had some suits and sport coats for years without ever having to dry clean them. (Note, lest anyone suspect me of being a dirty swine, I very rarely have the need to wear a jacket under circumstances where sweating would be an issue.)

18. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

I'll see if my stepson knows how to do anything of that sort with his digital camera. I am so retro that my preferred camera, a Mamiya RB67, doesn't even use a battery.