1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

stiffed a waitress today

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by globetrotter, Jun 24, 2006.

1. West24

West24 Senior member

Ya.... they're worth more than your posting history and mine added together.

dont be so hard on yourself. youve had some great pos.....ahhh....errr...nvm.

2. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Ya.... they're worth more than your posting history and mine added together.

Wow buddy, don't hitch your apple wagon to my star.

Not just anybody can get in to pissy shouting matches about irrelevant white rappers from the 90's.

3. Bird's One View

Bird's One View Senior member

Not just anybody can get in to pissy shouting matches about irrelevant white rappers from the 90's.

I'm liking the redundancy in this.

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Wow buddy, don't hitch your apple wagon to my star.

Don't be jealous of me just b/c you invited Conne over and he chose me over you.

5. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Don't be jealous of me just b/c you invited Conne over and he chose me over you.
    Nice attempt - but it wasn't Conne I tried to invite over...remember when New Thunder mysteriously left the board... yeah [​IMG]

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

wow. Two years in the wilderness for this thread. It's scary that I remember it from first time round.

probable explanation is he's located in another dimension, like, 2 years ago.

7. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I have always wondered: In an establishment where you are getting bad service, How do you go about asking for management from an already shitty waitstaff? And who within management do you request?

8. Beta

Beta Senior member

hey, if you're in Chicago area and you're looking for a place with good service, check out the Weiner Circle in Lincoln Park. Best service around!!

The service gets better the later you go...

+1 ask for the chocolate milkshake!

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I'm more offended by the manager's failure to make things right than by the incompetent and inappropriate behaviour of the waitress. Obviously, he didn't do what was necessary to make sure you had a good experience. he could have pulled the waitress and sent you a real server.
    +1. The manager should have made sure you were getting great service, he didn't do his job.

10. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

Dang I was hoping for a stories with tips how people picked up hot waitresses, and then take it to the cleaning room for some lovin during the next break.

11. Orsini

Orsini Senior member

...a Waikiki-area waiter had apparently gone off the deep end that afternoon and beaten a patron to death...
    What a shocking lack of supervision! Where was the MaÃ[​IMG]tre d' when all this happened?
    I expect their liability insurance wasn't renewed...

12. Orsini

Orsini Senior member

I went last night to a nice steakhouse...we were shunned off to the very fartherst corner, next to the kitchen...
    At this point I would have asked for a different table. If it had not been forthcoming, I would have walked...

13. forsbergacct2000

forsbergacct2000 Senior member

I once left a really surly waitress 3 pennies. I don't have big problems with honest ineptitude, but I hate surly attitudes.

14. forsbergacct2000

What a shocking lack of supervision! Where was the MaÃ[​IMG]tre d' when all this happened?

I expect their liability insurance wasn't renewed...

I'll have to check with Miss Manners to see if a tip is obligatory after one has passed away at the waitperson's hand.

15. Orsini

Orsini Senior member

Talk about being on the job too long. I would hope that a formal performance review process would have caught this guy before he went too far.
    I'll have to check with Miss Manners to see if a tip is obligatory after one has passed away at the waitperson's hand.
    That would be a matter for your survivors... PS: I didn't realize this was an old thread.

16. forsbergacct2000

Tis OK. It's a current problem.

I would want my survivors to know. I hate to think of them doing something tacky in this situation. I want to be remembered kindly.

17. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I think you did the right thing. I once stiffed a waiter because he made us wait about 20 minutes for a check (during which time we were asking the other waiters to please find our server so that we could get our check). Fuck that, normally I'm very tolerant even of pretty bad service, but that shit's unacceptable.

18. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I think you did the right thing. I once stiffed a waiter because he made us wait about 20 minutes for a check (during which time we were asking the other waiters to please find our server so that we could get our check). Fuck that, normally I'm very tolerant even of pretty bad service, but that shit's unacceptable.
    Far too many times I've felt like a hostage because of the server not bringing the check expeditiously. I tip accordingly.

19. garmentmerchant

garmentmerchant Senior member

I worked in food service and agree with globe. If thats your job then do it or quit. If you work on tips then you should earn them.

I just read the whole thread and i have to bump this quote by rube this is a great story[​IMG]

Zach: when I was a teenager, my family often spent the holidays on Waikiki. One day we all went to a small bistro just off Kalakauau Blvd for lunch. The service was horrible and the waiter was an absolute asshole. To top it off, my little sister's meal came to the table terribly under-cooked, and as she was prone to histerics, she went postal on the waiter. Her lunch was taken away and replaced (or re-cooked) and we ate and went on our way.

That evening, we were watching the late television newscast and learned that a Waikiki-area waiter had apparently gone off the deep end that afternoon and beaten a patron to death. You should've seen my sister's face when the photo of the perpetrator was flashed on the screen! Same dude.

I don't think she ever bitched about a meal again. [​IMG]

20. SirSuturesALot

SirSuturesALot Senior member

How much % tip do you all start at, and how much % do you knock off for each sizable act of poor service?