stiffed a waitress today

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by globetrotter, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    ^^^We are to assume you refer to "mid-stream"?

2. romafan

romafan Senior member

Zach: when I was a teenager, my family often spent the holidays on Waikiki. One day we all went to a small bistro just off Kalakauau Blvd for lunch. The service was horrible and the waiter was an absolute asshole. To top it off, my little sister's meal came to the table terribly under-cooked, and as she was prone to histerics, she went postal on the waiter. Her lunch was taken away and replaced (or re-cooked) and we ate and went on our way.

That evening, we were watching the late television newscast and learned that a Waikiki-area waiter had apparently gone off the deep end that afternoon and beaten a patron to death. You should've seen my sister's face when the photo of the perpetrator was flashed on the screen! Same dude.

I don't think she ever bitched about a meal again. [​IMG]

Just like Steve Gendeson! Poor Pinkus....

3. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Mike, I missed this, as it was on the bottom of a page, until I saw it quoted. wow, that is some story.

I once was booked on an airplane that crashed - due to a weather issue, I had to reroute and took a different airplane. when I got into Zurich to change planes, I almost missed my connection, and yelled at the staff their about how inatentive they were. it was only after I landed that I realized that they were all so tied up with the crashed plane (which of course they never tell you about when you are still in transit) that they were a little preoccupied. that kind of thing puts everything in perspective.

Zach: when I was a teenager, my family often spent the holidays on Waikiki. One day we all went to a small bistro just off Kalakauau Blvd for lunch. The service was horrible and the waiter was an absolute asshole. To top it off, my little sister's meal came to the table terribly under-cooked, and as she was prone to histerics, she went postal on the waiter. Her lunch was taken away and replaced (or re-cooked) and we ate and went on our way.

That evening, we were watching the late television newscast and learned that a Waikiki-area waiter had apparently gone off the deep end that afternoon and beaten a patron to death. You should've seen my sister's face when the photo of the perpetrator was flashed on the screen! Same dude.

I don't think she ever bitched about a meal again. [​IMG]

4. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

"Tampering" is sickening.

5. Stax

Stax Senior member

Indeed.

6. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm wishing that I had not read this thread...

7. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

Others who I have heard stories from, told me of co-workers who would rub their genitals on the plates of food of rude customers, or customers who sent their food back to the kitchen.

When I was living in Atlanta I did this once to some guy who didnt want to know my name and wouldnt listen to my specials.......

K

Kidding, Just Kidding

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

[​IMG]

When I was living in Atlanta I did this once to some guy who didnt want to know my name and wouldnt listen to my specials.......

K

Kidding, Just Kidding

9. Quirk

Quirk Senior member

I think this reflects poorly on the management, really. How could they not know this goes on? And if they do, to tolerate it...

I can't wait til some right-thinking young person with a camera phone goes undercover as a waiter in some 'nice' restaurant...

10. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

How about considering how much is tampered with before it even gets to the end source. In other words, what the purveyors administer ie. Hormones, antibiotics etc. I'm a DES baby, take a look into that one.
    And no, I'm not a PETA person, just a vegatarian.
    I once saw a cook drop a tray of meat balls on to a floor covered in that saw dust stuff they put on kitchen floors to wick up moisture. He picked them up and patted the stuff into them, YUM!

Best Regards,

Gary

"Vote" www.cbs4boston.com/alist Please!

11. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

I once saw a cook drop a tray of meat balls on to a floor covered in that saw dust stuff they put on kitchen floors to wick up moisture. He picked them up and patted the stuff into them, YUM!

I can live with a little wood in my meatballs. I just don't want anyone putting their 'wood' on my meatballs.

12. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I can live with a little wood in my meatballs. I just don't want anyone putting their 'wood' on my meatballs.
    Classic!

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

yep, but I've seen a lot of food get tampered with when I worked at McDs back in high school. things like loogees in burgers, someone peeing in the pickle bucket, burger patties dropped on the dirty floor then put back on the grill etc. enough so I only eat there 1x week now. [​IMG]

*but then this was back in the era when bored suburban kids worked fast food because they needed an afterschool job. nowadays it's mostly mexicans who would never dare tamper with food at the risk of losing their job.

14. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

The level of callousness towards fellow human beings is very disturbing. What ever happened to hospitality? Just like Sodom and Gomorrah.

15. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

I once represented a chain restaurant where the cooks thought it would be funny to substitute a rat for chicken. The customer took a bite, tasted awful, then noticed the two cooks laughing in the doorway to the kitchen. Lawsuit. Settlement.