• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve McQueen's Bullitt Casual Wear: Timelessly cool?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched Bullitt this weekend.
Other than the narrow ties and the bizarre dress of the informant with those yellow glasses and reverse goatee
wink.gif
And the long scenes on him just emoting, looking cool and saying absolutly nothing which verges on comedy at times.

McQueen looks pretty timelessly cool in his khaki trench, Navy/blue Turtleneck, brown jacket (elbow suede pateches), charcoal trousers, and suede chukkas.

rabbimark

Reaction score
best fashion accessory in that film (other than Jacqueline Bissett at age 19) was the dark green Mustang GT 390 Fastback. The seminal Mustang vs. Dodge Charger 440 chase is something to behold. For more on the cars and the route of the chase -- for you NorCal folks out there -- the Examiner did a piece on the film in 2003. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...6/MO305198.DTL one of my favorite films, timelessly cool indeed.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rabbimark
best fashion accessory in that film (other than Jacqueline Bissett at age 19) was the dark green Mustang GT 390 Fastback. The seminal Mustang vs. Dodge Charger 440 chase is something to behold.

For more on the cars and the route of the chase -- for you NorCal folks out there -- the Examiner did a piece on the film in 2003.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...6/MO305198.DTL

one of my favorite films, timelessly cool indeed.

--- Yes the car chase is awesome because it's gritty and very in the realm of reality.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think so. Jazzy, confident, relaxed.

BullittR2SE_1.jpg

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I attempted to modify this look for a 60s themed day at my school. Well, most said I looked just about the same as I do most days when not in uniform. Though, one student and a teacher (both movie buffs) cought on.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
I think so. Jazzy, confident, relaxed.

BullittR2SE_1.jpg

One of the great houses in the city. Incredible view and the patio is amazing for parties.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's good to know. BTW: Steve McQueen's height is listed at five foot ten, inches. I never thought he was that tall.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, definitely timelessly cool. I'm a big proponent of the Bullitt look. I also like the McQueen haircut-sideburn situation. Classic.

borderline

Reaction score
Just watched this for the first time. I really liked that maroon shawl cardigan that he wore towards the beginning of the movie. Don't have a photo. Actually, I would like to get that sweater in the same color/texture but as a half-zip pullover. Can't seem to find anything out there at the moment though.

dganderson

Reaction score
McQueen always had a knack for dressing well whether it's dressed casual as mentioned before or more formal in a three piece suit. One of the great American style icons.

Artigas

Reaction score
I was thinking about this just yesterday, having donned the turtleneck-with-sportcoat combo. Must have had McQueen on the brain, as I had watched The Thomas Crown Affair earlier this week, too.

N.N.O.P

Reaction score
couldn't agree more, timeless uber cool, + what a great lalo schiffren soundtrack!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads