• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve Madden loafers

birdcall

Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I'm pretty confident in what I wear, with the exception of shoes. I'm looking for some nice brown loafers to wear out on the weekends (not dress shoes, nothing too formal looking). What do you all think of the Novo by Steve Madden:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

or the Tryall by Steve Madden:

http://www.amazon.com/Steve-Madden-T...8199446&sr=8-2.

I'm originally from India, where the taste in clothing is very different. Linen and anything white is much more popular over there. I'm just trying to see what kind of shoes are stylish in the US. Thanks for your help. I'm 22, if that helps decide what kind of shoes I should get.

GiltEdge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh, I just threw up. I bet you wear Ed Hardy and Affliction.

birdcall

Reaction score
Neither. I don't know how you got that from what I posted.

btlaxripper

Reaction score
I like Steve Madden loafers for exactly the need you are describing, nice looking loafers that I wear to bars and such and just anywhere

I have the Drifter
41V840FXKZL._AA280_.jpg

but either of those 2 you have will work, I like the last one

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you like them then get them. They do make some poor quality shoes. I would use disposable shoes too for things like going clubbing and barhopping. It's so dark in a club no one sees your shoes, plus wearing a nice pair will end in disaster, as they get stepped on, and a mixture of vomit and alcohol is not good for shoes.

birdcall

Reaction score
does suede look any less dressy than the regular leather?

and btlaxripper, if i were to go for the suede, would you suggest black or dark brown?

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hideous shoes! I dont care what your using them for.

Kazou

Reaction score
ugh. those are fugly! if you want something better built but for really cheap, I'd go with Rockport. At least they're washable.

mtsoccer4

Reaction score
These loafers are not as bad as people are letting on...for the price. Sure, you can find better quality if you spend $200-300 for a pair of loafers (why they call them "Oxford" on Amazon bewilders me). Typically Madden's shoes are unfashionable and cheap, and these look essentially like a poor man's Banana Republic driving shoe. You will find that the leather is fairly coarse and the workmanship is disappointing. In fact you might check out what BR has in stock if you like this style. They have a sleeker design that befits the style of shoe, but it may be in the $150 range. Good luck.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
Hideous shoes! I dont care what your using them for.

They make them fugly, because your supposed to be eager to get them off, so you go out and get a girl and get laid. they want you to kick off their shoes into some corner of the room, not take the time to tell her WAIT. i need to put trees in my shoe. hand me that conditioner. no it's not lube.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The first four loafers in the thread make me want to throw up.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As for the rest of it - it really depends on what you're planning to wear them with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads