1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Steve Jobs style

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by July, Nov 13, 2009.

1. July

July Well-Known Member

Jobs used to rock the bow tie and DB pretty well.

[​IMG]

2. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

3. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

It's the comb over syndrome.

4. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

When you're young, hungry and want to be taken seriously, you dress up. When you're old, rich, and want people to think your dick still works, you dress like you're 22.

5. softbakedgoods

softbakedgoods Well-Known Member

When you're young, hungry and want to be taken seriously, you dress up. When you're old, rich, and want people to think your dick still works, you dress like you're 22.

LMAO[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

He doesn't want to dress like a PC. He should go with that denim look though to be truly hip:
    [​IMG]

7. BB1

BB1 Senior member

I don't see very many 22 year old guys wearing any of the elements Steve is wearing, let alone all of them together at once.... 1. Dad jeans 2. Black mock turtleneck 3. Shirt tucked into jeans Sometimes I wonder if the Men's Clothing forum is divorced from reality. Where I live if you go to the local brew pub inhabited by mostly the college age group, usually the only people you see dressed anything like Steve Jobs are quite a bit older than 22. The man obviously feels vindicated through his more recent success as CEO of the company that he originally helped create and thus no longer needs to prove anything to the world. I would guess he also likes wearing the same casual uniform everyday since it speaks to being a regular guy, which has been an on-going trend in American culture for quite some time. AND he simply has no style!

8. ZON_JR

ZON_JR Senior member

I don't see very many 22 year old guys wearing any of the elements Steve is wearing, let alone all of them together at once....

1. Dad jeans
    2. Black mock turtleneck
    3. Shirt tucked into jeans

Sometimes I wonder if the Men's Clothing forum is divorced from reality. Where I live if you go to the local brew pub inhabited by mostly the college age group, usually the only people you see dressed anything like Steve Jobs are quite a bit older than 22.

The man obviously feels vindicated through his more recent success as CEO of the company that he originally helped create and thus no longer needs to prove anything to the world. I would guess he also likes wearing the same casual uniform everyday since it speaks to being a regular guy, which has been an on-going trend in American culture for quite some time. AND he simply has no style!

All right, dresses like he's 32. What a nit-picker. That, and it's part of the Jobs Brand. Does he show up (when he can walk) at meetings, etc., in this costume?

9. AndrewRogers

AndrewRogers Senior member

He doesn't want to dress like a PC. He should go with that denim look though to be truly hip:
    [​IMG]

Hey, check out the hand-stitched apron on those shoes ...

10. incastoutcast

incastoutcast Senior member

Actually, I had a thought about this recently - as I was thinking about our former president and his folksy peasant looks, and actually about Jobs, and a few others, and I realized that a fair group of the rich dress in clothes that don't cost money. I found myself wondering if their stingyness has anything to do with our current economic situation....

11. Checkerboard 13

Checkerboard 13 Well-Known Member

Does he show up (when he can walk) at meetings, etc., in this costume?

Yes.

12. AndrewRogers

AndrewRogers Senior member

It's the comb over syndrome.
    That's this guy! Eat your heart out, Trump. [​IMG]

13. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Sometimes I wonder if the Men's Clothing forum is divorced from reality.

Same here.

14. BB1

BB1 Senior member

All right, dresses like he's 32. What a nit-picker. That, and it's part of the Jobs Brand. Does he show up (when he can walk) at meetings, etc., in this costume?
    Most baby boomers I see dress similar to Jobs. Despite it not being the norm for a well known CEO, he is simply wearing an "average guy" outfit for someone his age. It's interesting you call it a costume since his old outfits from the 80's have a very costume like vibe to them. Young guys in the 80's did not sport such eccentric looks such as bow ties and double breasted jackets! Even then he was dressing outside of the socially accepted norm for his position.

15. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

Seriously, I am pretty sure he wears LVC 47s. Seriously

16. Seluv

Seluv Member

Maybe someone can explain to me, but what is "wrong" with the clothing Steve Jobs wears now? He actually looks very neat, with: a black mock turtleneck and jeans, both of which fit!

Why do people now believe baggy hospital gown style scrub shirts and oversize jeans where leg bottoms drag along on the ground at feet and waist drapes off buttocks revealing boxer shorts is "awesome" and "vogue" look to copy?

Does wearing a shirt in the mode previously reserved for pajama tops really look "spiffy" and well dressed, or does it suggest person is simply lazy and rolled out of bed late?

Give the man some credit . . . he is consciousness enough as to his appearance to select and tuck in an appropriate sized shirt!

17. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Senior member

Maybe someone can explain to me, but what is "wrong" with the clothing Steve Jobs wears now? He actually looks very neat, with: a black mock turtleneck and jeans, both of which fit! Why do people now believe baggy hospital gown style scrub shirts and oversize jeans where leg bottoms drag along on the ground at feet and waist drapes off buttocks revealing boxer shorts is "awesome" and "vogue" look to copy? Does wearing a shirt in the mode previously reserved for pajama tops really look "spiffy" and well dressed, or does it suggest person is simply lazy and rolled out of bed late? Give the man some credit . . . he is consciousness enough as to his appearance to select and tuck in an appropriate sized shirt!
    No style. It's a lackluster uniform and this is a style forum. [​IMG] http://blogrizzard.blogspot.com/2008...bs-closet.html

18. Ziss

Ziss Senior member

That's this guy! Eat your heart out, Trump.

[​IMG]

What I love about this picture is that you can see he actually combed his hair to look that way.

19. ZackyBoy

ZackyBoy Senior member

Well since Jobs is a multi-billonaire I don't think he gives a shit what people think of his clothing style. He could wear a plaid robe and a velvet cape with a big J on the back everywhere and still be an alpha big timer.

20. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Maybe someone can explain to me, but what is "wrong" with the clothing Steve Jobs wears now? He actually looks very neat, with: a black mock turtleneck and jeans, both of which fit!

Why do people now believe baggy hospital gown style scrub shirts and oversize jeans where leg bottoms drag along on the ground at feet and waist drapes off buttocks revealing boxer shorts is "awesome" and "vogue" look to copy?

Does wearing a shirt in the mode previously reserved for pajama tops really look "spiffy" and well dressed, or does it suggest person is simply lazy and rolled out of bed late?

Give the man some credit . . . he is consciousness enough as to his appearance to select and tuck in an appropriate sized shirt!

Sometimes I wonder if the Men's Clothing forum is divorced from reality.

Tucking in a shirt without a collar makes you look retarded. His jeans are hideous.