• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steroids!

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cloud.gif

From Nandrolone (
mwink[1].gif
) to Anadrol (
devil.gif
)

stirpot.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No testes.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know very little about steroids, but I have known a number of young men who have used them, mostly to promote their fitness careers. One of these gentlemen, bulked up to 245 pounds, while on steroids. His natural weight, was 175. After deciding to stop using the steroids, his weight began to drop, very fast. I believe he's around 200 pounds at this point. Looks much, much more natural. Less 'puffed up.'

Another thing I hear about, is 'growth' hormone. Supposedly this marsupials the aging process. Too late for me. I'm too old, already.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Under doctor supervision, and using the correct ones, I think most people would be quite suprised to realize alcohol consumption even at moderate amounts is much worse for you. But the media has brainwashed this class of drugs to the public. And no you will not lose your testis nor does ********** shrink, actually steriods are given to men prior to late onstage puberty to increase penis size if they are below the norm so to speak. Also, deca is not anadrol anymore than aspirin is morphine. There is some evidence that your health may improve post a certain age with the low androgenic / highly anabolic / low liver and hypo-axis issues/ steroids. I love hearing people talk all this smack when they've never looked at even one journal on the subject. Sorry TV and magazines are not accurate sources for medical information usually. But you are free to be cheered while someone knocks you unconscious on a stage, or some large man tackles you in vunerable knee joints, or you race a car at 250mph and you might die hitting that wall. If society was truly concerned about our health, they should make all UNHEALTHY behaviors illegal. By the way, no one has ever died from steroid use directly, no one. It usually is a suicide they try to blame on steriods or something else removed. You will not find one case in any journal. And no, lyle alzado(spelling?) didn't die of steroid use.

MrRogers

Reaction score
Ah the good ol days!!

I used various steriods for about 5 or 6 years of my life. I believe everything that was available I used at one time or another; every anabolic and androgenic available, including GH, pgf2a, insulin, etc.

I have enough stories to fill a novel; some good, some bad. My advice to the poster if he is considering using is to make sure you're knowledgeable regarding what you are doing to your body. I laugh at every idiot I see walking around with gynoconmastia not because i'm mean, but bc they're a walking illustration of getting into something they knew nothing about.

Steriods aren't the poison the media makes them out to be but you can screw yourself up very easily if you don't know what your doing.

MrR

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrRogers
Ah the good ol days!!

I used various steriods for about 5 or 6 years of my life. I believe everything that was available I used at one time or another; every anabolic and androgenic available, including GH, pgf2a, insulin, etc.

I have enough stories to fill a novel; some good, some bad. My advice to the poster if he is considering using is to make sure you're knowledgeable regarding what you are doing to your body. I laugh at every idiot I see walking around with gynoconmastia not because i'm mean, but bc they're a walking illustration of getting into something they knew nothing about.

Steriods aren't the poison the media makes them out to be but you can screw yourself up very easily if you don't know what your doing.

MrR

---Oh , I'm not going to do them because I work in the medical field. But I agree with you, I just hate inaccurate information and the complete moronic contradiction of societies holy steroid crusade yet turn their eye to things much worse. And yes, notice I said under doctor supervision, yes, if you are a complete idiot you could potentially screw yourself with reversible side effects even then. It's not like any user using the more heavy androgenic's wouldn't take clomid or nolvadex for their gyno potential anyway.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
875100911.jpg

Lyle Alzado and Ken Caminiti are certainly haunting figures, from the sports world. Why do you suppose that steroids are blamed for their deaths? A man in my home town, owned a sports shop. He too, was using steroids, and died of malignant brain tumors. Age: 41. Again, the word about town, was that steroids, were to blame. Why have steroids gained this reputation?
Caminiti.jpg

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took a ton of stuff in the late 90's. Went from a lean 165 to a SHREDDED 185 and it was awesome. Strength went ballistic. But I'm past that now and I don't recommend it. The physical, psychological and financial ramifications are too great; it ain't worth it! Besides, it reaks havoc on your wardrobe!

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
Will steroids cause one to grow sideburns?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
875100911.jpg

Lyle Alzado and Ken Caminiti are certainly haunting figures, from the sports world. Why do you suppose that steroids are blamed for their deaths? A man in my home town, owned a sports shop. He too, was using steroids, and died of malignant brain tumors. Age: 41. Again, the word about town, was that steroids, were to blame. Why have steroids gained this reputation?
Caminiti.jpg

-Because steroids don't cause brain tumors. There is no evidence whatsoever. The media will take anyone who dies who has taken steroids and then say it was steroids. Even Alzado's own doctors say there is no evidence to say steroids cause brain tumors. None. People get brain tumors without taking steroids, it's incorrect to correlate something like this from media 'gained the reputation.' That's not science, that's folk lore, and not to be taken serious by anyone with a critical reasoning bone in their body. Again, tv and magazines are not science, they are to sell ratings/entertainment, not level headed accurate proven science. One of my best friends died at 27 from a brain tumor, and he didn't take steroids ever. He did eat alot of Burger King though. So it must have been the Burger King---see my point.

Here is a perfect example of myth of fact:
Ken Cam died of:

On November 1, the New York City Medical Examiners Office announced that Caminiti died from "acute intoxication due to the combined effects of cocaine and opiates", but coronary artery disease and cardiac hypertrophy (an enlarged heart) were also contributing factors. I have a strong reason that doing cocaine and opiates is the main factor.

Lyle Alzado:
He admitted to the abuse (??- what did he use, how long, was he supervised, what were his cycles, was he an idiot???, ) of steroids. In the last years of his life, as he battled against the brain cancer that eventually caused his death at the age of 43, Alzado asserted that his steroid abuse directly led to his final illness. This assertion has been disputed by many medical experts as there is no medical evidence steroids had anything to do with his condition and his own doctors denied the claim that they did.

--- Also you can't lump them all together and say bad. It's much more detailed and intritcate than a global conclusion such as this.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you soph, for elucidating matters. I'll have more to contribute now, when this subject comes up.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Steroids were once referred to as the breakfast of champions, and were used in plain view in the 1950's. No regulation, everyone used them - if you didn't, you got left behind in a hurry.

Then we saw the side effects and started to worry, and people died for using foolishly.

Funny enough, you can trace this same story arc for any number of "wonder drugs" such as Phen-Fen, Celebrex (I forget the name of the big one), etc. For this reason I remain skeptical of anything that is pushed by big pharma, and particularly wary of any substance requiring a needle or prescription.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
If I recall correctly, Steroids were once referred to as the breakfast of champions, and were used in plain view in the 1950's. No regulation, everyone used them - if you didn't, you got left behind in a hurry.

Then we saw the side effects and started to worry, and people died for using foolishly.

Funny enough, you can trace this same story arc for any number of "wonder drugs" such as Phen-Fen, Celebrex (I forget the name of the big one), etc. For this reason I remain skeptical of anything that is pushed by big pharma, and particularly wary of any substance requiring a needle or prescription.

Ah, no one has died from taking steroids. Show me one clinical study that supports the dangerous health risks, you will not find even 1. It's purely speculation even on the most extreme cases. Please look at a journal, hell watch this from the New England Journal of Medicine.......acne...etc. No offense, but you have no idea what you are talking about. I take you don't get flu shots because of a needle? You represent the hysteria, poor education that give opinions that are clearly wrong.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=73EC609GY...elated&search=

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
Ah, no one has died from taking steroids. Show me one clinical study that supports the dangerous health risks, you will not find even 1. It's purely speculation even on the most extreme cases. Please look at a journal, hell watch this from the New England Journal of Medicine.......acne...etc. No offense, but you have no idea what you are talking about. I take you don't get flu shots because of a needle? You represent the hysteria, poor education that give opinions that are clearly wrong.

Jose Canseco, is that you?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JBZ
Jose Canseco, is that you?

Hardly as I don't use them. But it is a great example of the ignorance that is spread thru the media to where the masses think they know the truth. Listen to the doctor with a medical degree from Yale and a master's from Harvard.

I just find it funny that people believe the news/tv/magazins as an accurate source of information. Congress is hysterical, they ban/blacklist a fairly mild drug class yet cigarrettes (lung cancer) and whiskey are sold heck even advertised in the US. Sports are not healthy. Boxing, Auto racing, football---all very dangerous and not healthy.

The media is like taking fashion advice from GQ.
If they are correct we should all be in love with Hugo Boss, Armani, and Dolce and G.
devil.gif

As an extra:
Mr. Gumbel looks spot on in this video.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads