• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stereo Appreciation of Rives Audio custom media room (with special pics just for Artisan Fan)

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few months ago I posted some info about a Rives Audio custom design media room that is in my family's home. Chris Huston designed the room. Here are some pics. A few more closeups of the speakers and other gear: Front of the room. Back of the room. All of the components are kept in a separate room. Crestron system. Two bonus sections just for Artisan Fan. An orgy of high-end cables and wires: Bill O'Reilly "no pin-heads" mat in front of a custom built CD and record cabinet:

mink31

Reaction score
Wow that's amazing, thanks for sharing. Do you have a remote for it all? (And is it dual or quad core?
lol8[1].gif
)

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no central remote for everything. Although, the Crestron system has a touchscreen pad for the basic TV, DVD, lights, etc. I can barely figure out how to turn the thing on to watch a DVD. This is all my father's hobby. I was just visiting the folks for the holidays and thought I'd snap a few pics, since I'd mentioned the room in another thread.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Interesting. I know Richard through a friend who owns a record label. He has given me tips on acoustics. Great guy and very smart.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Love the custom LP drawers. The Spectral gear is sublime. The Schroder tonearm alone deserves a
worship.gif

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice speakers. No comment on the amps, which actually do need those fancy (very expensive cables), but I find the digital front-end to be very ironic.

--Andre

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I completely missed the dcs stack. I guess Zach's family is doing really well. I heard the newer "stack" at RMAF. Best CD playback I had heard but the EAR Acute was surprisingly close.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropping over $20K on the dcs stack, and then having the Sigtech digitize it again with mid-90s 48 kHz converters seems pretty ironic to me.

--Andre

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Dropping over $20K on the dcs stack, and then having the Sigtech digitize it again with mid-90s 48 kHz converters seems pretty ironic to me.

--Andre

I agree. The new dcs stack is a whopping $55K. And people make fun of my $600 Cardas AC cord.
smile.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
the dCS gear is outstanding. The new Paganini is fantastic.

I would settle for the Puccini myself.
smile.gif

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What kind of music do your parents like?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads