• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephen J. Cannell RIP

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
Creator of The Rockford Files and a bajillion other tv shows.

wow.gif
That's terrible. He made great tv shows in the 80's and early 90's.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
My mother made me learn to play the Hill Street Blues theme on the piano.

lou

Reaction score
The Rockford files was, is a great show.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
David Chase of Sopranos fame got his start on Rockford IIRC.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
wow.gif
That's terrible. He made great tv shows in the 80's and early 90's.

Yeah, I looked him up because I couldn't remember details, and he created most of the shows that defined my childhood. If he'd done The Dukes of Hazzard, The Fall Guy, and Airwolf he would pretty much have the live-action shows of my childhood on lockdown.

Plus, wasn't he the guy who had the little animation at the end where he tore a sheet of paper off a typewriter, and it landed perfectly on a stack that feathered out to make a "C?" That animation and the Ubu dog are forever burned on my memory.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Plus, wasn't he the guy who had the little animation at the end where he tore a sheet of paper off a typewriter, and it landed perfectly on a stack that feathered out to make a "C?"

Yes, that was he.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
What about Marky Post?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Sad to hear, he pretty much defined the cop and detective show genre.

Plus he produced The Greatest American Hero.

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
very sad.. was a staple producer of hits.. Rockford Files being my favorite.. I thought I read some place that he had suffered from Dyslexia.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford

I LOVED this show when I was a kid. Then recently (4th of July?) SyFy had a marathon of it (they used to do Twilight Zone on that day). I watched part of one--I had not seen the show since the original run. I thought it was embarassingly bad.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I LOVED this show when I was a kid. Then recently (4th of July?) SyFy had a marathon of it (they used to do Twilight Zone on that day). I watched part of one--I had not seen the show since the original run. I thought it was embarassingly bad.

Yeah, it hasn't aged well. Another movie like that is Karate Kid.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford

Originally Posted by Manton

Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Yeah, it hasn't aged well. Another movie like that is Karate Kid.

And yet, when I started a thread about GAH the day after the marathon, nobody responded. And I was sad.
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads