• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephane Jimenez Bespoke Shoes

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Many of you guys know me as one of the shoe experts on SF and I have recently learned about a very special bespoke shoemaker from the Bordeaux region of France. He joined the Compagnons du Devoir et du Tour de France in 1988. He worked for great shoe houses like John Lobb Paris and Stefano Bemer in Florence. As of recently he has decided to make his own shoe house or bottier in his home region of Bordeaux France, in his actual home.

Being that he finished the Compagnons du Devoir et du Tour de France in 1988, he had to make a masterpiece shoe/boot which truly shows off the level of mastery of shoe/boot making. His boot that he make was truly unique, beyond anything that I've ever seen before.

They are motorcycle boots that are Norwegian welted with a braided thread. There is a patch on the upper of the left shoe to protect it from the motorcycle pedal. Another unique feature is that the Blutcher flaps from the lacing actually continue and connect to the shaft of the boot where it latches to the side to hold onto the leg.

As I have time, I will be posting more on his "normal" bespoke shoes, so you can all see his style of work, which is very elegant and still quite French, compared to the style of this boot!

Last edited by a moderator:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the work being done on some shoes and just so you know, every step is done in house and he is currently only making about 15 or so shoes per year so he will make sure that each pair is given the most attention it deserves without rushing or skipping on any steps. (These are not photos of me and I asked him for permission to use these photos):

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is an overview of some of his models that he has made recently, so you can see some of the variety of lasts, his general aesthetic of his shoes, craftsmanship, quality, etc.

The lasted bespoke shoe trees and you can choose the color!

A couple different sole examples, but you can choose whatever you want. I love how tight the waists are!

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll gradually post more pairs depending on interest, but this is one pair that I love so much and is a unique take on a plain toe balmoral hybridized with an Adelaide as well as a Norwegian construction for the front:

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is the next shoe:

A bright red chiseled toe whole cut! I love whole cuts but this one is truly amazing!

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a mid brown quarter brogue blutcher shoe:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I just posted my recent St. C green adelaide that came in, here is a great green derby!

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've gotten a lot of photos sent to me today so here is another brown pair, but this one is a dark brown wingtip!

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is one last style for today and this is truly an interesting opened lace plain toe in brown:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
something like pricing would probably be helpful, doesn't have to be exact, but at least some range would do

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to the shoe snob blog, they start at £6000. That blog also states the shoe maker only makes 15 pairs a year, and spent 450 hours on one pair of motorcycle boots.

jrb666

Reaction score

According to the shoe snob blog, they start at £6000. That blog also states the shoe maker only makes 15 pairs a year, and spent 450 hours on one pair of motorcycle boots.

Justin's blog had them starting at €6,000, rather than £6,000.

Some relief, but still eye wateringly expensive.

He makes some of the most gorgeous shoes I've ever seen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads