• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
only women's, but just happened to come across a store carrying SS

true.to.size

Reaction score
I was just about to comment that I wish the plaid "Conifers" shirt on kickpleat was made in men's sizes, and sure enough Maas has it on their site. Curiously, however, even though they seem to be the same fabric, the material compositions are listed as differing (viscose v. modal/cotton blend)...

crackerjack

Reaction score
Great price.
I agree the coat is priced a lot higher than anything else on grailed. But I do believe this coat is truly unique.

This being a forum, I would like to share my thoughts with you guys about it over here though.
1. The alpaca coat was the most hyped coat, in Frozen Waves (arguable Schneider's best collection), together with the Merino coat.
2. While the merino coat had an exact rerun copy by NMWA, this one was never reproduced. Making it really hard to get.
3. This is the most sought after version of the coat. And rightfully so. This Cashmere/Wool blend version was exclusively made for South Willard. I've handled all the different alpaca coats: canvas, cashmere, moleskin, wool; nothing compares to this.

That being said: you will never find this version of the alpaca coat in this state again.
The coat is in great shape since I quickly grew up to size 6/7 and unfortunately wasn't able to wear this anymore.
Mind you: this is from the AW11 collection. This is a piece of Schneider history.

Apart from everything being said above: this is the last alpaca coat I currently own (and actually the first Schneider item that I bought from the US). It goes without saying that this thing also has quite the amount of sentimental value to me.

If you guys find 1k too much money for the coat then that's fine for me as well.
I just wanted to explain where I'm coming from :)

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's a cool collecters piece and if I had the money I would get it (well maybe more around 700-800).

I posted my basketweave film coat high too. As far as I know it was the only one or one of the only ones made. And I don't really want to sell it

Pangolin

Reaction score
I agree the coat is priced a lot higher than anything else on grailed. But I do believe this coat is truly unique.

This being a forum, I would like to share my thoughts with you guys about it over here though.
1. The alpaca coat was the most hyped coat, in Frozen Waves (arguable Schneider's best collection), together with the Merino coat.
2. While the merino coat had an exact rerun copy by NMWA, this one was never reproduced. Making it really hard to get.
3. This is the most sought after version of the coat. And rightfully so. This Cashmere/Wool blend version was exclusively made for South Willard. I've handled all the different alpaca coats: canvas, cashmere, moleskin, wool; nothing compares to this.

That being said: you will never find this version of the alpaca coat in this state again.
The coat is in great shape since I quickly grew up to size 6/7 and unfortunately wasn't able to wear this anymore.
Mind you: this is from the AW11 collection. This is a piece of Schneider history.

Apart from everything being said above: this is the last alpaca coat I currently own (and actually the first Schneider item that I bought from the US). It goes without saying that this thing also has quite the amount of sentimental value to me.

If you guys find 1k too much money for the coat then that's fine for me as well.
I just wanted to explain where I'm coming from :)

This is not something that I would typically write, but since I really can't stand when people try to make a profit when selling used clothes, here it is:
If you can sell it for the price you're asking, great, but
1. Maybe, debatable. I would argue that the Merino is the iconic piece (not a coincidence it was the piece that years later was reissued) and that the Loden / Montana knits are, retrospectively, the best pieces from that collection. But it's all subjective.
2. Au Revoir Et Merci, a since long gone store based in Paris, was able to get the Alpaca reproduced in AW12. They had a small run made, which was almost entirely bought by SF users, but it was enough to then significantly affect the resale value of the piece.
3. Again, debatable, and most back in 2011 would have argued that the anthracite was the most sought after version. This version was not exclusive to SW either, I handled the exact same version at Gravity Pope, in Vancouver.

All this to say that it is, undoubtedly, a great piece, and that someone may have been looking for it long enough to be willing to pay your asking price. I have no idea what the market is like for it today, but I also know that your price is twice what the original US retail price was.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonal parrafin came in! Sizable snag but I think it's fixable. Better pics below

Last edited:

surrender

Reaction score
I just got the Poetry single-pleat trousers in blue from Need Supply and they're gorgeous. A bit darker than I expected, but I can't wait to pair them with the Anchor sweater when it comes in next week.

However, I do have to get them hemmed since I'm only 5'9". A lot of the product shots show them with no break - should I go for this, or will they look better with some break?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got the Poetry single-pleat trousers in blue from Need Supply and they're gorgeous. A bit darker than I expected, but I can't wait to pair them with the Anchor sweater when it comes in next week.

However, I do have to get them hemmed since I'm only 5'9". A lot of the product shots show them with no break - should I go for this, or will they look better with some break?

Depends entirely on you but for the anchor I suggest a little sloppy break. You can also just fold them up for as day and see if you like it

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paraffin Jacket from "at both ends"

DSC_0014 (2).JPG

crackerjack

Reaction score
This is not something that I would typically write, but since I really can't stand when people try to make a profit when selling used clothes, here it is:
If you can sell it for the price you're asking, great, but
1. Maybe, debatable. I would argue that the Merino is the iconic piece (not a coincidence it was the piece that years later was reissued) and that the Loden / Montana knits are, retrospectively, the best pieces from that collection. But it's all subjective.
2. Au Revoir Et Merci, a since long gone store based in Paris, was able to get the Alpaca reproduced in AW12. They had a small run made, which was almost entirely bought by SF users, but it was enough to then significantly affect the resale value of the piece.
3. Again, debatable, and most back in 2011 would have argued that the anthracite was the most sought after version. This version was not exclusive to SW either, I handled the exact same version at Gravity Pope, in Vancouver.

All this to say that it is, undoubtedly, a great piece, and that someone may have been looking for it long enough to be willing to pay your asking price. I have no idea what the market is like for it today, but I also know that your price is twice what the original US retail price was.
I appreciate the response. And I would like to state out that this is the first time I'm selling an item above its original retail price. And that's the reason why I've dedicated a post on this forum to this as well.

1. The loden knit was also one of my favourite pieces. And might just be as rare (or even more rare) to find. Actually haven't seen one of those listed in a long time either.
2. I did not know that those were a reproduce. Were those the striped wool ones?
a. I do agree that in 2011 the most sought after was the anthracite. For the first couple of years everybody wanted that one. But ever since then I've seen multiple anthracites being sold. Especially over the last couple of years. Because a lot more shops stocked up on these. I even bought one of these from Bene a couple of years back (a size 7, which was unfortunately too big for me so I had to resell).
b. Anyway, in the last couple of years the moss green one is the most sought after in my opinion, because of its rarity. I haven't seen a single one of these listed since 2014. And to say that you handled the exact same version at Gravitypope can't be true. This one was an exclusive made for South Willard. I was ensured this by Schneider's sales manager since she wondered how I had gotten my hands on that one. Then she told me about South Willard being the only shop getting this version.

Retail for this one was 720 dollars on South Willard, excluding taxes to Europe (which hit me hard by the way) and shipment. So this is more like a 150 dollar premium on what I paid.

It might not be worth 1000 dollars to someone indeed. I also have no idea what the market for this will be like. I'm just stating why I've chosen to list this item at this price. I might even be on the same page as Bene; I'm actually still on the fence whether I truly want to sell it at this point.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also worth pointing out to forum ppl that if any of us were buying for CJ the price would be lower since we wouldn't have to worry about grill fees etc.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing that version, pretty sure it sat longer than others. I do feel like that type color palette has started come around more. But there’s Japanese models that are just as rare. That also very rarely come up. I’m not sure why there’s really a mark up but ultimately it’s you’re garment and you can decide what you want to do.

7A61D1EE-EB28-4D70-8965-8C242DD4F34C.jpeg
B718E88A-43E8-4DB8-9089-949F98354E01.jpeg
1D2BAED3-7EF9-40F0-8DC0-F57A8D7B17F1.jpeg
B944362D-A6B8-4AEE-813C-10BF29A60FC2.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads