• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I feel you on that. I think my clothes are more of a collection than a functional wardrobe sometimes. I just don't have the chance to wear a lot of it much since I have to dress up for work, but I still LIKE it all.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I feel you on that. I think my clothes are more of a collection than a functional wardrobe sometimes. I just don't have the chance to wear a lot of it much since I have to dress up for work, but I still LIKE it all.

Yeah. I think back to the Helmut lang bomber. I wore that thing a lot and loved it but I still let it go. Occasionally I remember it and go darn. But most of the time I don't think about it at all. And I probably liked that thing more than any one Schneider item.

Whoa whoa have you considered a different girlfriend.

Haha right?? But more seriously, it's the kick I need to stream line. She is like an exaggerated version of the problem I have

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He never said SHE is telling him to get rid of ****. Don’t blame her.

Haha yeah she doesn't care. It's more my desire to not live in clutter. I have much fewer spring summer stuff and it's been so nice to not have so much clutter

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok let me rephrase: Marie Kondo her so the size of her wardrobe no longer makes you want to pare down your own

Tempting. I wonder how Lane feels now about his own closet purge

Pangolin

Reaction score
I'm moving in two weeks and would rather not have to pack all my extra Schneider stuff. I'll probably say yes to any reasonable offers on what I have left.

surrender

Reaction score
So I got a pair of the Umbra linen trousers today (from Rendez-Vous, great service+shipping) and they're my first Schneider pants. I usually hem my trousers with no break and no cuff, but in most product shots, the trousers have some break. Do you guys have any recommendations? I'm leaning towards leaving some break, and rolling them up if I feel like it.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got a pair of the Umbra linen trousers today (from Rendez-Vous, great service+shipping) and they're my first Schneider pants. I usually hem my trousers with no break and no cuff, but in most product shots, the trousers have some break. Do you guys have any recommendations? I'm leaning towards leaving some break, and rolling them up if I feel like it.

I like them with a dirty break

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I left my umbra sloppy af but go for no break on most of the wool trousers.

Still bummed we haven’t seen the full AW19 lookbook yet. You guys think that’s a jacket with a zipper under the coat or part of the coat?

javy

Reaction score
hard to say... i have a jacket from frozen waves (the one on the left in the image below) and the inner part of it is stitched to the jacket and has a zipper, so it might be something similar. OTOH, his right arm has a lot of bulk so maybe he does have a second zippered jacket on underneath.

intro7.jpg

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Undercoat part I hope

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads