• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

M-
Send me a pic of this. You seemingly know what it's like here and a cotton cardigan is perfect on summer nights, typically rotate between two jils and my silk prorsum.

I'll try to go see him again, will probably get it so I'll post fit pic. Did we post the collection here?

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What about this lavish scarf?
172_stephanschneidertweedscarf5a.jpg

i'm really only into the gigantic scarfs + outerwear fwiw.
i wish sipang didn't have to sell that coat so quick : (

I have this scarf and its wonderful.

KXGLR.jpg

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered this a few days ago along with some trousers from FW that will probably be cancelled again. I also just got the ink soil trousers in the mail from Antwerp and they are fantastic. Also got a couple of scarves which are just perfect as always. I might be able to take some fit pics when everything arrives.
P.S. The soil trousers are cotton/linen and handwash only. Think it's fine to wash them in a machine anyway? They don't seem too delicate.

how do the trousers fit? slim/tapered/full/etc?

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how do the trousers fit? slim/tapered/full/etc?

They are full but in a good way. Very comfy relaxed light weight pants in a very nice fabric. They are pull on elastic waist with no button or zipper or loops. They fit about TTS as to the other pants of his I've tried. Size 5 for me = 32 in most stuff, i.e. true 34 waist. I think I'm going to order the red ones now too. :embar:

If anyone sees this jacket anywhere, please let me know. I don't think they have it at Antwerp in this colorway.

Platypus

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Was away from the computer yesterday and I see I missed a few things:

I went to visit suspension point's owner yesterday and tried on a really nice SS cotton cardigan sometimes the fabric works beautifully and sound perfect for LA evenings. I'm definitely getting the lightweight bomber, I find the idea of a delicate piece based on what skinhead wear to be pure genius. You guys should check out the other labels he is carrying though, the new Ute Ploier and Gustavo Lins is quite good.

M-
Send me a pic of this. You seemingly know what it's like here and a cotton cardigan is perfect on summer nights, typically rotate between two jils and my silk prorsum.

I'll try to go see him again, will probably get it so I'll post fit pic. Did we post the collection here?

Was great to see you again! The bomber is a lovely piece if I do say so myself (and yours is reserved for you :)). As for the cardigan, it is THIS (picture is from the showroom and it is a bit more of a cool grey in person). I will have a comprehensive item preview up this week (of Schneider at the very least and hopefully a couple of the other labels as well) with the full site coming soon. You can check out the blog HERE and join the mailing list HERE to stay updated.

how thin is the viscose here and is it just a single layer? I can't find a bigger picture of the jacket
my concern is this may actually be too thin

While similar (the asymmetrical closure and the collar), it is not the same jacket (or fabric). The jacket Fuuma is talking about is cut slightly differently, has covered placket closure, and is in a different fabric. Actually, the fabric (a lightweight tropical wool) really makes the piece. For SS12, the bomber was made in both cotton and lightweight wool. While the cotton is nice, the way the wool falls and showcases the details of the jacket really elevates it. Anyways, to answer your question it is two layers on the front panel and a single layer everywhere else. Pics soon.

very interested in this based on the few things i seen. ute is a win of course. i would prefer linen knit for summer nights...

I think you'll like Ute (there is a great linen short parka from Ute) and Christian L'Enfant Roi might be of interest as well.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Thanks platypus.

Cav you a 34 waist and wear a 5?

Last edited:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks platypus.
Cav you a 34 waist and wear a 5?

That's correct. But they are elastic so I think they would work at least for 33-35, if not 32-35 actual waist size. I just wore them to the movies and they still looked great when I got home. Very wrinkle resistant fabric. Also, the design around the hem is really cool, with a stiffer fabric around the back of the ankle and about an inch high, making them easy to cuff neatly and roll up, as you can see in the lookbook (the shots of the red ones are cuffed I think.) It's going to be hard not to wear the **** out of these as they are so easy to throw on, so comfortable, so versatile...I usually change out of my trousers when I get home instead of sitting around getting them wrinkled, but not these.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

I think you'll like Ute (there is a great linen short parka from Ute) and Christian L'Enfant Roi might be of interest as well.

indeed i do like ute . thanks for heads up about this ;)

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so does anyone know how the t-shirts fit? gunna cop a couple but not sure to get 4 or 3. guessin 3 would be too fitted even for tiny people..

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so does anyone know how the t-shirts fit? gunna cop a couple but not sure to get 4 or 3. guessin 3 would be too fitted even for tiny people..

From Au Revoir Merci:

Oasis:
Size V/VI
P2P: 54,5cm/56,5cm
Length: 71cm/72cm
I can't measure shoulders and arms because of the construction.

Hope that helps. I should get one in the next few days so if you want to wait I can tell you more.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

I don't have a t-shirt but I do have a tank. I wear a V in the mohair cardigan and alpaca coat and got a V in the tank and kinda wish I sized up. It's the modal one fwiw.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the violet cardigan is a disappointment to me and I am returning it. Not surprisingly, the cotton feels stronger and more durable than his wool knits, but the overall fit is more boxy than the grey one I am wearing above. Most troubling though is how there is a white support strip of material on the inside of the button holes, making it so that you can't wear it without buttoning it up. The ugly white strip shows if you wear it unbottoned. Even if you button it up, you can see the very top of the strip when standing at an extreme angle. I imagine you could remove it, but I don't know why it's there in the first place.

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda like that it's boxy. I'll try to get a fit pic of it up. The white strip does bother me but it doesn't always show.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads