Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I'll try to go see him again, will probably get it so I'll post fit pic. Did we post the collection here?

2. bows1

bows1 Senior member

I have this scarf and its wonderful.

[​IMG]

3. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

how do the trousers fit? slim/tapered/full/etc?

4. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

They are full but in a good way. Very comfy relaxed light weight pants in a very nice fabric. They are pull on elastic waist with no button or zipper or loops. They fit about TTS as to the other pants of his I've tried. Size 5 for me = 32 in most stuff, i.e. true 34 waist. I think I'm going to order the red ones now too. :embar:

If anyone sees this jacket anywhere, please let me know. I don't think they have it at Antwerp in this colorway.

[​IMG]

5. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Here you go:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bonus alpaca shot:
    [​IMG]

6. Platypus

Platypus Affiliate Vendor

Was away from the computer yesterday and I see I missed a few things:

Was great to see you again! The bomber is a lovely piece if I do say so myself (and yours is reserved for you :)). As for the cardigan, it is THIS (picture is from the showroom and it is a bit more of a cool grey in person). I will have a comprehensive item preview up this week (of Schneider at the very least and hopefully a couple of the other labels as well) with the full site coming soon. You can check out the blog HERE and join the mailing list HERE to stay updated.

While similar (the asymmetrical closure and the collar), it is not the same jacket (or fabric). The jacket Fuuma is talking about is cut slightly differently, has covered placket closure, and is in a different fabric. Actually, the fabric (a lightweight tropical wool) really makes the piece. For SS12, the bomber was made in both cotton and lightweight wool. While the cotton is nice, the way the wool falls and showcases the details of the jacket really elevates it. Anyways, to answer your question it is two layers on the front panel and a single layer everywhere else. Pics soon.

I think you'll like Ute (there is a great linen short parka from Ute) and Christian L'Enfant Roi might be of interest as well.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

Thanks platypus.

Cav you a 34 waist and wear a 5?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  8. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

That's correct. But they are elastic so I think they would work at least for 33-35, if not 32-35 actual waist size. I just wore them to the movies and they still looked great when I got home. Very wrinkle resistant fabric. Also, the design around the hem is really cool, with a stiffer fabric around the back of the ankle and about an inch high, making them easy to cuff neatly and roll up, as you can see in the lookbook (the shots of the red ones are cuffed I think.) It's going to be hard not to wear the shit out of these as they are so easy to throw on, so comfortable, so versatile...I usually change out of my trousers when I get home instead of sitting around getting them wrinkled, but not these.

9. dmash

dmash Senior member

I desperately need the red ones.

10. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

indeed i do like ute . thanks for heads up about this ;)

11. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Senior member

so does anyone know how the t-shirts fit? gunna cop a couple but not sure to get 4 or 3. guessin 3 would be too fitted even for tiny people..

12. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

From Au Revoir Merci:

Oasis:
    Size V/VI
    P2P: 54,5cm/56,5cm
    Length: 71cm/72cm
    I can't measure shoulders and arms because of the construction.

Hope that helps. I should get one in the next few days so if you want to wait I can tell you more.

13. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Quote:
    I don't have a t-shirt but I do have a tank. I wear a V in the mohair cardigan and alpaca coat and got a V in the tank and kinda wish I sized up. It's the modal one fwiw.

14. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

the violet cardigan is a disappointment to me and I am returning it. Not surprisingly, the cotton feels stronger and more durable than his wool knits, but the overall fit is more boxy than the grey one I am wearing above. Most troubling though is how there is a white support strip of material on the inside of the button holes, making it so that you can't wear it without buttoning it up. The ugly white strip shows if you wear it unbottoned. Even if you button it up, you can see the very top of the strip when standing at an extreme angle. I imagine you could remove it, but I don't know why it's there in the first place.

[​IMG]

15. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

I kinda like that it's boxy. I'll try to get a fit pic of it up. The white strip does bother me but it doesn't always show.