• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
so it's about dressing not for yourself :confused:

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kunk gonna kunk

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really hate not living in NYC. :confused:

Eh, sometimes I think the same thing, but often I'm glad I'm not there. You probably have much higher quality of life and you can actually save money for a nest egg. We need a SW&D thread for posters who live in "small cities". Shah will lead us from Ann Arbor.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
:paranoia:

tut tut tut ! geographical locations are for another thread.

anyway what makes you think I'm there ?

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:paranoia:
tut tut tut ! geographical locations are for another thread.
anyway what makes you think I'm there ?

Please, as if we should both pretend that you haven't left clues for the careful observer to follow and pursue.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
I'm not admitting to anything. And there are no cacti where you speak of !

x-posted , though for those who have next winter in mind.
great deal

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes they do.
In other news, unboxing Appreciation courtesy of Suspension Point:

Cool. You wouldn't happen to know what is in their SS12 buy would you?

That model is terrible.

I know, they should really find the skinny asian dude for the modeled pics. All their other pictures are great though.

Noctone-Thanks man, going to pick it up tonight. I was just in the regular section, didn't realize sell items don't pop up unless you're in the sale section.
On another note, girl is obsessed with the SS12 red pants, even though I'm sure they're not going to fit my thighs. Anybody know who's carrying these? Checked most of the retailers I know that carry Schneider and couldn't find them:

I think those are his looser fitting style so don't think thighs should be an issue. I would probably stick my normal size. I think they might be the red version of Southwillard's ink soil trousers but not 100% sure. I would email the Schneider store and ask them if they carry it. Shipping is a ***** though.

Opening Ceremony has some good stuff from spring in store. It's just not up in the web shop.

Any summary of what you saw? I wish they would update their online stock.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eh, sometimes I think the same thing, but often I'm glad I'm not there. You probably have much higher quality of life and you can actually save money for a nest egg. We need a SW&D thread for posters who live in "small cities". Shah will lead us from Ann Arbor.

Eh, it's certainly nice to be paying a hair over $800/month for an apartment that would probably be at least $3k/month in NYC, but it's kind of a hollow existence considering the utter lack of culture here. And the job market for my field (electrical engineering) is really terrible here.

Cool. You wouldn't happen to know what is in their SS12 buy would you?

All I'm aware of is what's posted on the tumblr page.

Last edited:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the crewneck knits this season but most of them are too short for a guy who's 6'3.
Thinking about getting this one instead.

Opinions? Anyone got it?

Platypus

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Noctone + Tonio: The main website launch is still a couple weeks away, but I'll try to post a full preview of our Schneider buy sometime next week.

Conceptionist: That cardigan is in our buy (and it it very nice). Let me know if you need some more info on it.

In the meantime here are some scans from Belgian Fashion Design of early Stephan Schneider:

Spring-Summer 1996 / Fall-Winter 1996

Spring-Summer 1997 and 1998 / Fall-Winter 1998

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really like the crewneck knits this season but most of them are too short for a guy who's 6'3.
Thinking about getting this one instead.

Opinions? Anyone got it? 

I like the crewnecks and the cardigans alike and can't decide on which to get. I like the idea of a cardigan as a layer over a tee in early spring/fall type weather, but I have a similar wool one from this past FW11. The crew neck is cool with the ribbing detail though. What to do. I'm not sure if the crews are that short though, I know the size IV has a length of about 26", V about 26.5" or so for reference if you were curious.

All I'm aware of is what's posted on the tumblr page.

Nice, thanks!

Noctone + Tonio: The main website launch is still a couple weeks away, but I'll try to post a full preview of our Schneider buy sometime next week.
Conceptionist: That cardigan is in our buy (and it it very nice). Let me know if you need some more info on it.

Gracias. Can't wait for the site to launch definitely let us know. Also, I like the green cardigan in your buy, can you tell me what the material is on that and a price if you have one set?

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

so it's about dressing not for yourself :confused:

honestly, if i lived there i'd just chill in americana type **** or overalls. ny is an overpriced shithole anyway

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads