Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Shortening sleeves is a pretty easy operation but usually for .5" or an inch. Having a shirt that fits in the body and with sleeves 4 inches too long is very much outside the normal curve (hard to even imagine, it means it almost covers your entire thumb?). Alteration is still possible, but a bit more work with the sleeve placket, maybe recutting/tapering the sleeve if the circumference up there is far off the cuff circumference.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012

2. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Material doesn't really matter. Depending on the shirt, they can shorten it at the cuff, or shorten it at the shoulder. Cutting it at the shoulder is more complicated and expensive, but in terms of risking damage to the garment I don't think it's tricky at all. Having it done at the shoulder insures that all of the stitching at the cuff remains original. It's a very very common procedure.

edit- I can't speak to how it changes the process when you want 3-4 inches taken off. Ask in the MC forum quick question thread and they will learn you.

3. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Quote:
    This isn't uncommon for me for some reason - I've got a 40" chest and I'm six feet tall, and I've got at least two shirts with about three extra inches in the sleeve, the cuff hits somewhere between my first and second knuckle on my thumb. I was looking at a schneider shirt with the exact same sleeve length, but I wouldn't want to get it done if it will be a pain in the ass.

4. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

First time I'm getting it, and it's with the block shirt. WW's measurement puts it 2 ish inches longer than my regular sleeve length.

5. gdl203

Is this with the cuff unbuttoned, hanging straight? If so, that's maybe 1" too long, not more. If you have particularly thin wrists, you may need to tighten the cuff a little (usually by moving the button). Most people don't really know what proper shirt sleeve length - if the cuff hits at wrist bone level when unbuttoned, it's too short. There needs to be some allowance for arm-bending.

6. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Quote:
    The cuffs on this particular shirt that I'm thinking of are larger than normal, and only have the one button, so what you're saying makes sense. I was actually really confused, since it has the same measurements as the shirt I'm wearing now which seems to fit fine.

7. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

FYI to anyone in NYC: I called Project No.8 this afternoon and it turns out they received their first shipment a few weeks ago and have it available in-store (not sure why it's not on the web site, didn't ask). Just shirts for now (I didn't ask specifically which ones), and then they should be receiving the rest of their buy within the next few weeks.

I also called Stand Up Comedy, they have nothing right now and the employee I talked to didn't know if/when they would be getting anything. She told me they don't necessarily buy things on a seasonal basis, but I'm not really sure how that's relevant w/r/t Schneider.

e: Just got off the phone with South Willard, what they have listed right now is only about half of their buy and they will be receiving additional items in the coming weeks.

8. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I managed to find a Lana crewneck in size 4. Good fit? There is a strange phenomenon that if I wear it with anything underneath it it makes it look too big.

[​IMG]

9. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

I can see why you went down a size. Hard to tell if a size 3 would be a better fit.

10. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Yeah, Schneider stuff makes me look really big. I think the fit's perfect, up to you whether that's the style you want.

11. gdl203

FWIW, I went down 2 sizes from my normal ss size for the Lana, and still couldn't really make it work - it's a beautiful knit but the style is very relaxed and at odds with what we tend to be used to.

btw, forgot to x-post this yesterday...

[​IMG]

12. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Makes you look really fat, IMO. Would only be flattering on a select few, and prolly only the rail thin

13. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

I tried on the blue lana crew when at OC when they had it awhile back in a size 4 and it looked great on me...but I'm basically a medium, i have an 8 -8.5inch drop, dunno.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012

14. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

rkd, Merja from Acolyth says :)

I mentioned you highly recommended them on here. And thanks for your help. :fistbump:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

awesome :slayer:

she said they are in the process of taking pics of ss12 so ill post up once they send me the pics