• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
looks good in the second set of pics. good colors.
why couldnt you wear it to a bar, though?
Quote:
Why can't you wear that to a bar?
Quote:
Why can't you wear that to a bar?

Haha. It was kinda a stupid comment now that I think about it. It's more that it's not what I'm used to than anything else, I usually wear jeans and denim jackets in February
cold[1].gif
which is why I bought a winter-ish coat in the first place. I'll think on it for a bit. Anyhoo, enough about me
redface.gif
thanks for the help all.

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know (from past seasons) whether this sweater hangs straight or if it kinda balloons out like a lot of Schneider stuff? Or what it's made of? Only thing from s/s I'm really into.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I returned the SS12 stone cardigan (I think it's called the neighbor cardigan) from WW. The fabric is nice. Has a little sheen to it which makes it less casual. The buttons are incredible and probably my favorite buttons I've ever seen on an item. The fit is a lot more baggy than the WW model would have you think. If anyone is interested in it, I would suggest sizing down if you're looking for a normal/slim fit, even though WW says the model is wearing a V and he wears a IV in all the shirts and it looks very slim on him. It almost seems to me like that is a typo and he sized down to a 3 for the cardi LOL. But who knows. Anyway, I am a V in most shirts and I got a V and it made me look fat. :(

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know (from past seasons) whether this sweater hangs straight or if it kinda balloons out like a lot of Schneider stuff?  Or what it's made of?  Only thing from s/s I'm really into.

In my experience, Schneider sweaters don't balloon at all - they fit pretty straight and slightly long

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In my experience, Schneider sweaters don't balloon at all - they fit pretty straight and slightly long

Not strictly true - the Lana crewneck I'm selling is a full two inches wider at the waist than it is at the chest.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not strictly true - the Lana crewneck I'm selling is a full two inches wider at the waist than it is at the chest.

The Lana doesn't balloon at all. The hem is not cinched - it is as straight as it gets. Wider at the waist emphasizes that effect. Generally speaking, my experience with SS knits is that they're fitted at the top (chest, arms and arm scye) and relaxed at the bottom

Last edited:

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Lana doesn't balloon at all. The hem is not cinched - it is as straight as it gets. Wider at the waist emphasizes that effect. Generally speaking, my experience with SS knits is that their fitted at the top (chest, arms and arm scye) and relaxed at the bottom

Oh I get what you're saying, I misunderstood. :embar:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh I get what you're saying, I misunderstood. :embar:

Unless I misunderstood KJ's use of the term "balloon" - maybe he can clarify

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Unless I misunderstood KJ's use of the term "balloon" - maybe he can clarify

I don't really like the way this looks from the back. Maybe 'balloon' isn't the right term.

edit: makes sense, thanks gdl.

Last edited:

stick

Reaction score
Anyone talked to Tatjana recently? She suddenly stopped replying to emails, may have to give the store a call tonight.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I emailed her on Monday to find if my order had shipped and haven't heard back. She is probably just out sick or something.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or she quit because you manchildren keep harassing her about every single thing that pops into your heads.

stick

Reaction score
I tried to send my order to her telepathically first but she didn't respond to that either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads