1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. MGoCrimson

MGoCrimson Distinguished Member

Is that the Resin? Don't remember it being that short

2. crouchy

crouchy Member

Does anyone own this Frozen Waves sweater? I can't figure out the sizing of a size V being offered on Grailed right now:

Chest: 22"
    Shoulders: 19"
    Back length: 23"
    Arm length (from shoulder): 25"​

It's a medium, but only 23" in length? That seems so cropped! I'd love to buy the thing (that color is so gorgeous) but I'm 6'3, and very wary of how high the sweater will ride. Stephan Schneider usually fits me so well in length!

If someone else snags this, no worries -- I've been debating it for ages now. I'd just love advice from someone who already owns one (how it fits, etc.) especially if they're tall.

SSV.jpg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019

3. Nosu3

Nosu3 Distinguished Member

Could be a wash/clean that shrunk it. Or check if they measured from shoulder or collar (the back of the collar looks low).

4. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior Member

I agree: I have a Resin that I can't convince myself to wear and it's longer than that pic.

5. Regg

Regg Distinguished Member

6. MGoCrimson

That guy paid under $300 for it when it was listed by luxeswap in Jan 2018. Relisted it for $699 immediately. Did the same with a paraffin jacket and crack coat in the past month or two as well.

He’s a member here with some shitty affiliate thread that seemingly mostly resells items he’s bought here or through luxeswap.

7. accordion

accordion Distinguished Member

Is it an AW11 Merino? Don't remember ever seeing this color.

8. MGoCrimson

Yea, it’s an AW11 Merino. One of the two gradient fabrics, the other being a blue/grey.

Namor had a size 6 tan gradient that he sold to stitchy a few years ago. Not sure if that 6 is the same one.

9. accordion

accordion Distinguished Member

Namor posted a grey/navy VI but it was used. To clarify, the ebay listing has different fabric than Namor's, right?
    [​IMG]
    https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...size-6-xi-wool-frozen-waves-gray-navy.512608/

but Namor's grey/navy is the same version as Sipang's?
    700.jpg
    https://www.styleforum.net/threads/stephan-schneider-merino-coat-size-3.321632/

There's apparently a shadow/navy iteration that I've only seen here:
    merinoshadow.jpg
    https://[email protected]/listings/237268-stephen-schneider-shadow-merino-tagged-iii

The ebay listing is also gone because you guys are animals.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019

10. MGoCrimson

Namor’s listing is the same fabric as the usedthreads eBay guy and I got it backwards, stitchy sold it to namor.

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/stephen-schneider-frozen-waves-merino-coat-grail.457424/

@el Bert has it too and I think he picked up another gradient version recently.
    8C92CA14-FBB9-4592-A084-9749FDF52287.jpeg BCA77F7E-B3DA-458A-9389-B8591B83A31E.jpeg

Sipang’s was different, a grey base vs tan. I think gdl203 has the navy/Black gradient you posted.

I’d be surprised if the eBay coat you posted actually sold. It’s been listed for ages, albeit under women’s clothing initially.

I posted about it as soon as it went up

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019

11. Darkside

Darkside Distinguished Member

Love the hooded long coats. I think removeable hood was a great feature of the earlier models.

12. MGoCrimson

The longer and chunkier knit lining of the merino sets it apart for me.

I actually wore the charcoal nailhead merino sans liner/hood over my black tie rig once while traveling. Worked well.

13. Benesyed

Benesyed Distinguished Member

I find the removable hood annoying. I wish I had gotten the royal blue Chrono

14. MGoCrimson

Hater. The royal blue was such a great colorway tho