Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

After a phone conversation and a bunch of emails, I finally got my order placed with the Antwerp store. Tatjana is an angel and did a fantastic job of sending me photos and measurements and answering my questions. She even went into detail on the different types of wool on the alpaca jackets, which I'll describe in a different post along with what I know about their stock. But first, a big thank you to everyone who posts in this thread with photos and sizing advice. It was all a huge help on deciding which items to ask about and what to order. My order was 1300 euros including shipping and here's what I got:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Give me a minute and I'll post what I know they have left.

2. Desi

Desi Senior member

this can easily turn into a tragedy. i am waiting; ears to the floor for the screams.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  3. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Here is what I know about the stock available in the Antwerp store:

First, the alpaca coat. When I spoke with her on the phone, there was some miscommunication and she told me they were completely sold out, but I think she meant that they are sold out of the one in the lookbook. Anyway, I got the one above in a size 4. I'm not sure if they have any more of that one, but I know they have these two for $250 euros!!! The one I got was $380 euros. :( Here is the difference according to her (she always types in all caps, God love her.)

ACTUALLY THE THREE WOOLS ARE DIFFERENT.
    THE 0955 IS NOT AS THICK AS THE 0957 (WHICH IS DOUBLE BRUSHED WOOL, LITTLE MORE SENSITIVE TO AND BECAUSE IT’S DOUBLE LAYERED IT’S MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE OTHER TWO.
    THEN THE LIGHT GREY 0954 IS EQUALLY AS THICK AS THE 0955, BUT FEEL A LITTLE MORE STIF AS IT’S WOVEN A BIT MORE TIGHTER ( SO IT’S ALSO WARMER)

The one I got is the 0957 and the darker of these two is the 0955 and the lighter is the 0954. I asked for clarification on her comment about sensitivity and she said that the one I got is more likely to peel. I decided to risk it because I think it just looks nicer with the contrast ribbing, the pattern, and the darker knit lining. But for 250 euros, someone should get these. I know they are available in a 4. Not sure about other sizes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The scarf I got is tweed and I have no idea if she has any more. I do know they are sold out of this one because I asked. :(

[​IMG]

I also got the last Loden cardigan (see above post) but they do have it in a sweater for 150 euros! (I know they have a size 4, not sure about other sizes.)

She seemed to have a good selection of the long merino coats pictured above in navy and probably tan. They are 490 euros for the wool and 390 for the cotton.

Shirts:

I asked for something in blue and she came up empty. The shirt I posted above is available at least in a size 5, and maybe other sizes (I got a 6. It's called the Base shirt and fits slimmer than others.) I know they have all of these in a size 5 as well. I think they are all 130 euros.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some measurements:

The shirt I bought in a size 6 measures 54cm pit to pit.
    The grey shirt (2nd in the above group) size 5 measures 53.5 pit to pit
    The merino coat:

HERE’S THE MEASUREMENT FOR A SIZE 5 MERINO NAVY COAT
    SHOULDER TO SHOULDER 47CM
    BACKLENGHTH 95CM
    ARMPIT TO ARMPIT 57CM
    SHOULDER TO WRIST 69CM

FOR SIZE 4 IT’S 5-ISH CM OFF OF THE MEASUREMENTS OF A SIZE 5.

Oh, and last but not least, the coat on page 37 of the paper lookbook. I kind of like it but have not seen a single other photo of it anywhere nor heard any mention of it. But they have that in a size 5 and it is 480 euros. She did say it was more sensitive to peel than the merino coat.

The email to contact her is [email protected] and they don't accept returns or exchanges. Shipping is 30 Euros to Portugal, so I'd imagine it's that expensive everywhere else as well. I'll report back when I get my stuff. I hope it all fits, but I'm afraid some of it will be too small because I'm sort of between a 4 and a 5 in the coats.

4. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Hopefully everything fits, love all of those buys (except the shirt, could take it or leave it). That tweed alpaca jacket is the best I've seen second to the moss green version.

BTW, WW has a tumblr now and it sounds like they might be sharing some pictures of AW12 soon.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Interesting that the Navy coat fits smaller than the Alpaca coat.

6. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

How much was that scarf Caveat?

Should have asked them what scarves they had in stock before I made my order.

7. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

thanks guys will take a look at those online stores:)

8. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Scarf was 80 euros. Kind of a no-brainer.

Yeah, I'm definitely worried the navy coat will be too slim for me. I'm between sizes and I decided to size down like I did in the alpaca coat. I have short arms for my height and sleeves on shirts and coats are always too long, so sizing down ended up being my only option. Also, the knitting is removable so sizing up would have made it way too big if I ever removed it. I have a hunch that it will look perfect unbuttoned, but tight buttoned. I sized down on the cardigan as well but I think it will be forgiving so not too worried about that. They didn't have another size anyway.

Interesting that I got a 4 in the coats and knits, but a 6 in the shirt. Crossing my fingers.

9. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

is anyone able to assist with sizing on item #21?
    I have never purchase a Schneider piece before.. I am a 38" - 38.5" chest.

thanks

10. Desi

Desi Senior member

fudge bout to put in order for code 25 as it may not even get to be produced! What are you guys doing by not copping?!

11. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

You're either a 4 or a 5. What's your height/weight and are you okay with a loose fit like the models in the lookbook?

12. jwjp

jwjp Senior member

I'm ordering 25 as I speak, really hope it's produced

13. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

You'll want a 4 most likely, maybe 5 if you want it oversized.

25 is a nice piece but I can't drop that kind of money on what would certainly (for me) be a novelty piece.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  14. jwjp

jwjp Senior member

It's a bit out of my comfort zone, but I want to expand said zone a bit, so i'm going to try it out. If it doesn't work I'm sure it'll sell on here for a fair amount

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  15. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I'm not going to take part in the preorder, but I'm eager to see what other people get. Lots of stuff I'm almost interested in, but code 6 is the only thing I want to order. At that price with no returns I can't justify it since I have no idea what the sizing will be like on a piece like that.