• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
#mohairhasrights
#mohairlivesmatter
#mohairtoo

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have I been wearing my sweater incorrectly?

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why is this thread pretty dead this season? people not a fan of the designs this season?

I'm probably gonna pick up that water resistant parka eventually since it rains here all the time

Pangolin

Reaction score
It's not like the designs are anything new and there's only so many variations of the same coats you can own.
I like the Newton trousers in the heavy tartan wool, but other than them, I don't think I'll grab more than a couple of pieces.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Schneider himself said his work is for the casual consumption, just a few pieces bought at a time more so to replace well worn items.

kupokinte

Reaction score
Schneider himself said his work is for the casual consumption, just a few pieces bought at a time more so to replace well worn items.
I usually tend to pick up the more interesting fabrics like this seasons system trousers in green moleskin or the speckled silk stuff from s/s earlier on in the season. Then the other basic stuff that I don't really need, I just see if sales prices will entice me.
Thinking of picking up the "top half" sweater. Thoughts on the sweater ? Seems like a pretty interesting piece that's different to the normal Schneider stuff.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday was a Conservation kind of day.
IMG_0109.jpg

PSA: I am selling my Rust Twill Juncus in size VI on the low if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^How warm are those coats? I'm assuming the Chrono iteration is pretty similar. I need something longer than a jacket to survive these MN winters. Also, is a size V good for a larger 38?

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The liner makes them pretty warm but not nearly as warm as a technical jacket.

I'm ok wearing a merino with a light sweater until the teens.

At 44-46/54-56 I wear a VI

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^How warm are those coats? I'm assuming the Chrono iteration is pretty similar. I need something longer than a jacket to survive these MN winters. Also, is a size V good for a larger 38?

I think the warmth depends on 1. what fabric you get, and 2. which model you have. Mine is the grey twill from last season which is okay for down to about 30F if I have a chunky sweater underneath.

The Conservation is "sleeker" buttoned up than the previous iterations (Merino, Memory), but I truly think these coats look better unbuttoned unless you take out the liner and hood (which in turn sacrifices warmth).

That being said, the new Chrono has an integrated liner which streamlines the coat even further so it may be warmer.

othran

Reaction score
I think the warmth depends on 1. what fabric you get, and 2. which model you have. Mine is the grey twill from last season which is okay for down to about 30F if I have a chunky sweater underneath.

The Conservation is "sleeker" buttoned up than the previous iterations (Merino, Memory), but I truly think these coats look better unbuttoned unless you take out the liner and hood (which in turn sacrifices warmth).

That being said, the new Chrono has an integrated liner which streamlines the coat even further so it may be warmer.

Is there a noticable difference in the warmth of the twill coat and the normal wool conservation coat? I feel like a winter coat should be able to stay warm in 30°F/-1°C. That is basically autumn temperature in a large part of the world.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a noticable difference in the warmth of the twill coat and the normal wool conservation coat? I feel like a winter coat should be able to stay warm in 30°F/-1°C. That is basically autumn temperature in a large part of the world.

I have the same gray twill version and I think it's entirely appropriate to call it an autumnal coat.

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have two conservations the wine wool one and the grey twill wool and they're equally warm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads