1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. metranger8694

metranger8694 Well-Known Member

Do you all think that Schneiders Peddler Trousers are suitable for any aged man(50's) or just the young, hipster types like the young model. I think the thinness of the trousers would go well with linen shirts. The trousers seem alright but am not sure of its agelessness or if a little tailoring would help the look...Thanks!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

age is just a number, brother.

7 people like this.
  3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  4. metranger8694

I could not agree with you more. Kopped.....

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  5. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

It usually depends on your personality, how you carry yourself, how you style the items, how young you look, your lifestyle, etc. In other words, where do you fall on the Brad Pitt scale? Nobody can answer that but you.

Then again, those trousers are really not an item I would be worried about. Stay away from varsity jackets though.

6. metranger8694

I hear that! And thanks....I wanted to wear the trousers mostly with linen shirts......I was corresponding with the folks at La Garconne and they told me "The Stephan Schneider Peddler trouser is a classic, seasonless look that looks great on any age. They would look exceptional paired with linen shirts."

With 50% off then 20% off that with code LGPDAY20, I couldn't resist...

Thanks all......

7. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

haha wow they really know how to sell.

but agreed, they look like a classic cut and shouldn't be a problem at all. something you could dress up or dress down

8. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

Im listing a size 7 double alpaca soon. Was too large now that I've lost weight. If anyone here is interested PM before I get around to listing!

Oh will trade for same or diff colorway(possibly) in a 5/6

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  9. Brothersport

Brothersport Well-Known Member

10. metranger8694

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  11. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

I think I'll be keeping, sorry man. On a side note, Jet, if you're still looking for a medium thickness knit, this one is pretty nice if you like SS' mohair stuff. It's a tad less thick than the pupal.

[​IMG]

12. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

if i remember right jet hates the mohair

i like my figaria too, it def adds to my top heavy bulk tho :(

13. greeng

greeng Member

hey all, looking for some sizing advice on the hooded Weeds Jacket. Debating between a IV and a V - I'm 5'10, 160. The model on the La Garconne website is apparently 6'2 and wearing a IV, but I'm looking for a looser fit anyway. Anyone have any advice?

14. abam

abam Well-Known Member

Do you have measurements? What size do you normally take in suit jackets, shirts, etc? Weight and height aren't that great for determining fit.

15. jet

jet Well-Known Member

regg thanks, was originally looking for something in black plus i'm not crazy about mohair because it sheds and the strands are longer than i like

who has them in my size and whats the price? I have a margaret howell that I haven't worn bc its' been very warm here and I've got a couple guys who want it if I decide not to keep it

16. metranger8694

I wear a Juncus in size IV. 6'1", 170, 38.5" chest, 36" waist, 17.75" shoulders..There is room to layer. I was told by NMWA that a V would be too big for me and they were no doubt right...I posted a fit pic on nmwa thread last night wearing a T shirt, a sweater and a hoodie under the coat.... and several more pics a month or 2 ago...

If the weeds is cut similarly to the juncus, my guess is you are a IV. How wide are your shoulders?

I just ordered SS peddler trousers from La Garconne. Don't forget to use the code LGPDAY20 for an additional 20% off.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  17. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

So I recall the discussion about the pull pine sweater having a small neck opening, but is the fit in the body in arms slim or more on the boxy side. I'm wondering if I would take the same size in the pine as I do say regular fit shirts and knits which I'm a IV in? Not looking for a slim fit, more relaxed but not at the expense of it looking a size too big. What do you guys who have it say, size IV or V? No one has fit pics by chance do they?

18. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

I'm wearing one right now. I wear a 3 or 4 and my pine is a 3. Wish I got a 4. Fit is slim not boxy, I think I might go 5 if I were you

19. greeng

greeng Member

Thanks, it was actually your posting earlier that reminded me I wanted of what I wanted to order off of LG haha. I think our chest and shoulder measurements are pretty similar, so I think I'm leaning toward a IV too.

20. metranger8694

Great...NMWA told me that the size IV Juncus's shoulders are 18.5".