1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

id say the 4 is more of a 30-31

2. accordion

accordion Senior member

contrast or no contrast?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Is that the oxalis?

4. Regg

Regg Senior member

I like both looks. The white sneakers look a bit odd in the picture because they the photo quality is poor but I'm guessing they look fine in reality. white is a bit more casual

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  5. accordion

accordion Senior member

oxalis yes, avoided it for a long time cuz the measurements show it's smaller than other knits but once again it's just the stockists not knowing how to use a tape measure, the VI fits like a standard VI knit.

6. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Benes and according - how did you guys size the Algae? I'm gonna grab the 7 off fwrd if it sounds like it would fit.
    I'm generally a 52/XL, sometimes when things are "slim" an XXL is better. This would be my first Schneider piece though so I dont know how the fit/sizing is, I inownyou guys are both on the bigger spectrum. I'm assuming fwrds measurements are off as usual.

7. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I'm a 6 but I've been losing weight. What are your measurements

Gut feel is that it will be snug but ok

8. OccultaVexillum

Chest is ~46", upper arms are ~18", those are generally the two limiting factors for me.
    would plan on just wearing it with a button up or T, no layering. Although if it is big enough to layer I would.

9. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

I'm probably 41-42 right now and the 6 is good.

46 on a 7 will be tight. If you can return I'd be wary

10. OccultaVexillum

Alright, thanks man. So is that pretty true across most Schneider styles? It sounds like a 7 is an XL.
    I've bought final sale from FWRD before and been able to return. Also at its current price I probably wouldn't lose much if I had to sell it privately.

11. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Yeah take a shot at it, why not

As far as sizing,
    it really depends on the cut. There is some continuity in that there seems to be a pattern that SS varies from season to season when he makes his clothing. You can find a pant every season that has a very severe thigh width and i think its roughtly the same each season. But between knits of different patterns, its a harder story to tell. The figaria in a 5 is pretty roomy on me (and in fact i found that the 4 fit better in some respects) whereas the narrowhead in the 6 was very tight. The same is true for coats. Some size 6 coats seem more like 5s because they are meant to be worn very slim and tight on a very slim person. I think what helps me is a mix of measurements and becoming familiar with how online model fits translate to me.

12. accordion

accordion Senior member

upper arms will most likely be too tight but maybe you can get it tailored, otherwise just start cutting.

13. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

Agreed on the upper arms being too tight. I only have 16" arms and the sleeves on basically all Schneider stuff besides knits in size 6 are too tight for me to wear comfortably. I doubt the sleeves on size 7s are that much wider.

14. jet

jet Senior member

46 chest? ss is not for you I'm afraid

15. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

he can buy the fancy scarves

16. OccultaVexillum

Fuck. I ordered it. Oh well, we'll see. The chat rep told me it is returnable so no big problems other than being out $680 for a week or 2.

As far as cutting I don't really have a need, last bodpod I was at 11.9%. As long as I stay under 12.5% I'm good to keep coasting/slow gaining. I also don't think it would do much to drop size off my arms. And i have tried the rock coat (I think, maybe it was that hooded cardigan) in a VII and it was fine, a little restricted in the back and chest if I tried to tie my shoes or whatever but in terms of standing around looking like a cool guy it was fine. Hopefully this is the same.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  17. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Fabric matters a lot. The rock I have is stiffer than the algae

You are going to have to list a fit pic

18. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Anyone own the Ends pants (from a/w'13 I think?)

Don't really need more pants but the fabric looks cool

19. floatingpoints

floatingpoints New Member

Need some help with the name of this jacket, where to find it. Thanks

[​IMG]

20. jwalterweather

jwalterweather Senior member

Pretty sure that jacket is from s/s2012.
    http://www.stephanschneider.be/#/archive/ss2012/

Sipang might have sold one recently? Could be wrong though. Going to be hard to find, best bet is to check yahoo japan auctions often.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    2 people like this.