1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. accordion

accordion Senior member

It's so painful to realize that even loose and drapey clothing looks the best on skinny people. At least it makes me go to the gym more.

2. strangebrew

strangebrew Well-Known Member

Too big? I knew I should have ordered a 5 :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. accordion

accordion Senior member

sizing looks fine but the sweater is so unstructured that if your underlying shape isn't attractive, neither will the sweater. Mine went from looking like I'm pregnant to a normal drapey look as I lost more and more weight.

4. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

yea my arms are pretty itchy at first but you (or at least i) get used to it after awhile. love the side pockets, makes it super easy to wear as the single layer of outerwear.

5. strangebrew

I work out and consider myself at least decently swole so that's no problem. It just seems a bit billowy at the bottom, you think it looks good?

I love the texture and it's a fantastic knit just not sure.

6. Feji

Feji Senior member

7. Pangolin

Pangolin Senior member

I think that's the problem actually...

1 person likes this.
  8. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

It does not look good. It makes you look overweight and frumpy. Definitely too big.

9. accordion

accordion Senior member

If he sizes down it'll look more ridiculous, the sweater doesn't look good if you don't have a big drop from chest to waist since the cut is straight and the fabric billows up at the waist.

10. strangebrew

Well shit. Oh well, I guess someone's going to get an awesome sweater for Christmas this year because I can't return it.

11. accordion

accordion Senior member

keep it, it's warm and the fabric is nice, who cares about the rest

12. strangebrew

I will. It looks good under my rain jacket and it's comfy so it's a keeper. Thanks for your input guys

13. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Wore that shit over a tee in 28 degree weather today, was toasty. Yea the arms are pretty snug but not ridiculously so

14. reedobandito

No offense but, this might be the worst fit on an SS piece that I've ever seen

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  15. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Yep, there´s good oversized and then there´s really bad oversized. This falls in the latter. You could sell it if you can´t return it.

16. ComfortablyDumb

ComfortablyDumb Senior member

I agree. I have the exact same sweater (in green) in a size VI and I'm not a fan of how much fabric billows around the waist.

I'm also decently swole (44" chest, 34" waist).

17. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

So I don't know anything about wearing oversized fits with a similar build... but out of curiosity would that fit have been better if the knit was longer and fell lower?

I feel like maybe? I know people say oversized can look good on people with bulkier builds because of Yoji non-standard models, but... I have yet to seen it executed consistently well in non-model fits nor have I really gotten a sense of how people make it work.

I suspect that it still has to fit right in some spots which can require some tailoring to get there and that still... height, as always, helps.

18. malcb33

malcb33 Senior member

IMO the sweater looks worse because of the pose and way it's been worn here. It is a touch bigger than it needs to be, but it can definitely taken in or worn differently to pull off the oversized look. The way the piece is bunched at the waist makes it look very unflattering, where it wouldn't be so bad if it was pulled down further to show the length of the garment. Also the way it bunches on the watch also doesn't work for me either. Just my 2c.......

I just bought the exact same sweater over the weekend and tried both the 5 and 6. I did settle on the 5 but I was contemplating the oversized look too.

19. reedobandito

I think oversized in a lighter color on a bigger body is harder too. Yohji does a lot of flowing black, which imo works much better for a whole range of body types than say a light grey semi-structured fuzzy sweater

1 person likes this.
  20. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

A lot of oversized isnt really oversized all around. The arms are just longer and the core billowy. Which if you are muscular or fat, isnt the problem. It usually is the shoulder/pec area. Also the width you add visually needs to be compensated by height. if you are 5 10 and bulky wearing an egg like fit, its not going to fit the pallete of a lot of people. I personally like it but thats your call and dont expect to get rave reviews. There is a lot of fetishizing the skinny model look. Esp on these forums.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014