1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

My visit to the store ended with me buying this shorter jacket in the basket weave. Also tried on the rock jacket but it was too tight across the shoulders and a bit short in the arms. The Clover jacket was really nice but it's more of a knit than a jacket. Might pick up one if I find my size on sale.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    4 people like this.
  2. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Hrm is that Juncus in the basketweae?

3. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Forgot to ask about the name of the jacket so not entirely sure but it looks like that.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  4. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Yes that is Juncus

5. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I do love the fabric, but haha... I am finding the clover in the grey/basketweave pretty hard to pair with anything else. Pro tips gdi? My instinct is saying... pastel-ish colors, like light lavendar pants or something, but not sure I want to risk going that direction and them not working out.

6. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est The Classic Gentleman is Back

I think the easiest option is washed out colors - faded denim, grey denim, white tee or any sort of faded color tee in blues, greens, beiges. Stuff like that.

2 people like this.
  7. accordion

accordion Senior member

Is the Burhead more of a trackpant or trousers? How warm are they? Anyone have the Buckhorn trousers? They seem to be the only two winter pants this season.

8. amathew

amathew Senior member

a. Trackpants make me think nylon-ish materials, so I'd say it's more trouser pants. It's long (length wise) and I've been wearing them with the elastic part tucked in under the pant.
    b. Wore them to work today (38 F this morning and high of 45 F) and it kept me fairly warm.
    c. No

9. jet

jet Senior member

new drop at suspension point, cardigans look good

2 people like this.
  10. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

Agree!

11. accordion

accordion Senior member

Weird that all the cardigans fit extremely slim and no one carries VIIs, which would equate to V or VI for most other knits.

12. jet

jet Senior member

i usually wear a vi but the v would fit so i'm not sure if we're talking about the same ones, they're just long

13. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

We carry VII. And we have nearly every one of our Schneider styles available in that size right now.

Since nobody's buying that size, we'll probably get the memo and stop carrying it like the other stores

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

We always got questions and requests for a women's jiujitsu class. So, we scheduled a women's class. Exactly one person showed up. We closed up that shop within a couple of weeks. Turns out that a lot of women wanted the opportunity, just not for themselves. If you are a VII, and want the pieces in a VII, be cognizant that you are in the small minority, and that if you don't buy at full retail pretty regularly, that the retailer will just stop carrying the size. It's really that simple.

2 people like this.
  15. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior member

No different than when car enthusiasts cry for a foreign model to brought to NA..only to not buy it.

16. LPatterson

LPatterson Senior member

If you're a bigger size, it may be prudent to order straight from the boutique. I've gone directly to them for some stuff in hard-to-find colorways and they've always been very helpful and quick to respond.

17. jet

jet Senior member

Can't wait for nobody to buy the VII, greg dropping the size then people complaining or asking a year later if they plan on carrying the VII.

7 people like this.
  18. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

If that happens NMWA should just start them on the long con. Yeah okay okay we'll take care of you.... it's coming the second drop. Yeah not sure what happened man guess there was a miscommunication. Next season for sure, size 7 for all. Second drop. Next season.

Eventually Schneider no longer makes size 7.

19. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The sad thing is that this will inevitably happen.

20. accordion

accordion Senior member

So SP gave the thigh measurement for size VI of the Burhead as 12.25" with a 36" waist, which would make them fit like skinny jeans, but every fit pic makes them look like loose trouser/trackpants. Extremely confused and also missed kopping the VIIs on forward because of this. Are they loose or tight fitting?