1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

got my shirt, a little tight in shoulders but otherwise fits well, anyone else have this issue?

2. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I had a similar experience and decided I couldn't wear SS shirts because of it. But he does have slim and non-slim fitting shirts, so I've lost a little weight and plan on trying one of the non-slim (Oriental) versions.

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

is there a way to distinguish non-slim fit other than measurements such as name or anything?

4. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

I checked out Suspension Point and some of the other sites carrying a wide variety and some of them would classify them as slim vs regular. I know the Oriental is regular and the Kilm is slim. After that I can't remember. Start with the descriptions on Suspension Point and go from there.

5. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Damn you thatoneguy. I was going to buy that. Give it to me when you get bored of it

1 person likes this.
  6. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

^^^^

7. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

If you're looking for white shirt variety, have you considered the Tuft Shirt from LaGarconne? I have it in a size IV and it's a nice change of pace (raglan sleeve, smoke MoP butttons) from your standard white shirt/oxford. Fits TTS though I noticed there's a bit more room in the pit and it's slightly longer than the average SS shirt, though not drastically different. The material is lovely.

8. Platypus

Platypus Senior member

Haven't posted here in a while so just a reminder that there are still some nice pieces available (and on sale) at Suspension Point :D.

Regarding the SS13 pictures from the Japanese store(s), they were taken at the showroom so the guy in the pictures is a buyer or similar and there is only one sample size. That helps explain the less than ideal fit on some of the pieces.

And as always with Schneider, there is a huge variety of styles, fabrics, and colors not yet seen.

Here are a couple teasers from the Spring-Summer 2013 showroom:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    18 people like this.
  9. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

10. tgaith77

tgaith77 Senior member

Picked up the red/ blue Ijevan in 6 from South Willard. Have to echo the comments (Tonio, I think) of this being an underrated colorway...color is awesome and really versatile. Anyone else notice the interior shoulder/ side seams being kinda bulky and not laying flat? I think they'll settle down a bit after wearing, but I find myself always futzing with them.

11. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I have a cardigan in that color and it's awesome but not versatile really... pretty much can't wear anything with it that isn't neutral. I mean I wear it like 3x a week (til it got too cold).

12. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

The burgundy/navy not the lighter red one right? Yeah I've been wearing that a lot as well. Love the winters in cali can just wear a knit most days and it'll be warm enough.

1 person likes this.
  13. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I think it can be paired with non-neutrals personally, but you obviously don't want to look like Christmas lights so you have to judge wisely. Versatile in a variety of fits from casual to work is what I was also referring to.

Speaking of versatile, here are links to a Japanese blog styling the women's version of the Ijevan (Bukara) in menswear. I had thought about this for an oversized look (I also like that it has pockets), but I don't believe I could pull it off as I'm not a stylish Asian dude...

Burgundy Bukara Unisex Styling

Dark Gray Bukara Unisex Styling

I was going to pick up the dark gray Bukara for Mrs. Tonio028 but she wasn't liking the gradiated colorway. Ah well.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

that webshop is really nice

going to try international orders next season when buying another coat from SS ... domestic stores no carry those nice coats :fu:

the biege coat is so nice...did not like the rug version tbh,

15. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Yeah it does suck that we don't have access to a lot of the SS stuff seems like the good stuff goes to the Japanese market and its a lot more expensive buying from those cites it seems like.

16. Banana Cognac

Banana Cognac Senior member

how is that Japanese dude rocking a 3 in the Iljevan - it looks huge on him.

17. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

That's a womens 3.

I wish the mens Ijevan had pockets too.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  18. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

This is giving me all kinds of bad ideas

Now I am thinking about coppying some women's SS for myself :embar:

19. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

Anything coming out of japan prolly won't be more than a IV, V at best. If lucky. Nice to imagine tho.

20. Regg

Regg Senior member

Oh man, just got my South Willard order. The pattern wool shirt is really nice. It might be slightly big but I think I'll end up keeping it. If I change my mind over the next couple days I'll throw out some messages to those who inquired.

As nice as that shirt is, the flannel might be on another level. The size 3 fits perfectly and it's very dreamy. I wish I got the moss one too!