Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

2. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Haha let me know, I may be interested. It's so cool that I want to own it but I've probably only worn it 4 times since I got it so it might be a bit impractical. I may try that, I'm not so sure I can fit it under any jackets I own though haha. Big fuzzy knit is big and fuzzy.

3. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Eh, I think y'all are asking a duck to stop being a duck. Schneider mixes in some patterns like these almost every season, although obviously not as prevalently as he did this season.

I'd love to see the Armenian jacket in the black//white tartan, I like the red tartan a lot but it wouldn't fit in my wardrobe at all.

4. kyes

kyes Member

Since it doesn't have a thick collar I would wear it over a t-shirt. You could also try wearing a point collar shirt and button both up, but not sure about how it would work with that piece, might be too much open space in between.

5. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

This is exactly how it was styled in the lookbook...

e: vvv yeah that makes sense

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012

6. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

^ it looks really bad in person worn like that, at least if you're not a size 36 chest. Its thickness and raglan sleeve design mean that it really exaggerates your upper body. Would work on someone small, though, I'm sure.

7. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

That doesn't mean it doesn't look bad. His strength in outerwear hasn't been in crazy patterns or anything.

8. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Oh yeah, I don't mean to say that it's his strength, just that it's something that he does with regularity. For the most part I also prefer the simpler outerwear pieces, but I do like some of the patterned ones (obviously).

Some of it is godawful though, like the tan & yellow cotton coat WW put up today (mostly because of the colors and materials, though, I liked the navy wool version shown in the lookbook) . :eek:

9. Severisth

Severisth Senior member

I kind of like the navy version of the Armenian jacket that's up on WW, much better looking than the one with the different colored inner layer like in the look book

10. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

The more I look at the Armenian jackets the more I regret not being smarter with my money and getting an Alpaca jacket when I had the chance. I like some of the Armenian jackets but the Alpacas were grails (especially the moss green one). :(

vvv I'm a 4. Didn't really like the brown twill alpaca anyways.

11. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

What's your size? There's a last brown twill alpaca jacket lingering on gravitypope (sz 6 though)

12. Platypus

Platypus Affiliate Vendor

Jet: Regarding the shirts, on the individual product pages on suspensionpoint.ca the button down shirts are clearly listed whether they are the slim (Shirt Kilim) or regular (Shirt Oriental) styles.

Blackmaged: I'm glad that you are keeping such a close eye on our stock levels! More people should jump on the Coat Berber. It is, speaking personally, a really awesome piece and the best showcase for the tartan fabric. The cut and length of the coat fits with the checks very well and it is striking, yet everyday wearable.

The Armenian jacket, because of how it is layered at the front, doesn't work too well with the tartan check fabric in my opinion. The jacket style itself is very nice this season though. Both the cuffs and hem are only partially ribbed which is good for how it falls on the body and the double front closure lends itself well to being styled in different ways.

13. Kross

Kross Senior member

That tartan berber is the best piece I've seen this a/w. If only I had 1.2 to drop :(

14. Feji

Feji Senior member

OC has some new SS stuff up on their site.

15. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Sisian and Spitak knits look horrible on almost every model. Wish SS had a better cut on those.

Seems a lot the Cardigans are pretty long this season too instead of too short... Cardigan Shir looks the right length though

*sigh*

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012