• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have half a mind to buy it back from you but unfortunately it's too warm here. I think it works best as a layer underneath a jacket. partly because it's cropped which I don't think looks great when worn on it's own and partly because it's so sexy that to reveal the entire thing is just too much.

Haha let me know, I may be interested. It's so cool that I want to own it but I've probably only worn it 4 times since I got it so it might be a bit impractical. I may try that, I'm not so sure I can fit it under any jackets I own though haha. Big fuzzy knit is big and fuzzy.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The armenian jacket doesn't look like it fits very well with the rest of Schneider's stuff. He should stop going crazy on all the weird tartan/plaid patterns on his coats, even the patterned hoodcoat doesn't look good.

Can't be developing so much of his own fabric and not showcase it.... but yea, not a fan of this seasons alpaca armenian jacket in general due to coloring decisions. Even the basic two tone alpaca armenian jacket has some weird coloring decisions (hood or shoulders off color). The tartan alpaca armenian jacket could have probably worked better with some solid color worked in it's layers...instead of just tartan overkill. The shoulder seams dont match up the fabric pattern well either, which is a pet peeve of mine.

Eh, I think y'all are asking a duck to stop being a duck. Schneider mixes in some patterns like these almost every season, although obviously not as prevalently as he did this season.

I'd love to see the Armenian jacket in the black//white tartan, I like the red tartan a lot but it wouldn't fit in my wardrobe at all.

kyes

Reaction score
Haha let me know, I may be interested. It's so cool that I want to own it but I've probably only worn it 4 times since I got it so it might be a bit impractical. I may try that, I'm not so sure I can fit it under any jackets I own though haha. Big fuzzy knit is big and fuzzy.
Since it doesn't have a thick collar I would wear it over a t-shirt. You could also try wearing a point collar shirt and button both up, but not sure about how it would work with that piece, might be too much open space in between.

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You could also try wearing a point collar shirt and button both up, but not sure about how it would work with that piece, might be too much open space in between.

This is exactly how it was styled in the lookbook...

e: vvv yeah that makes sense

Last edited:

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ it looks really bad in person worn like that, at least if you're not a size 36 chest. Its thickness and raglan sleeve design mean that it really exaggerates your upper body. Would work on someone small, though, I'm sure.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eh, I think y'all are asking a duck to stop being a duck. Schneider mixes in some patterns like these almost every season, although obviously not as prevalently as he did this season.
I'd love to see the Armenian jacket in the black//white tartan, I like the red tartan a lot but it wouldn't fit in my wardrobe at all.

That doesn't mean it doesn't look bad. His strength in outerwear hasn't been in crazy patterns or anything.

Last edited:

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That doesn't mean it doesn't look bad. His strength in outerwear hasn't been in crazy patterns or anything.

Oh yeah, I don't mean to say that it's his strength, just that it's something that he does with regularity. For the most part I also prefer the simpler outerwear pieces, but I do like some of the patterned ones (obviously).

Some of it is godawful though, like the tan & yellow cotton coat WW put up today (mostly because of the colors and materials, though, I liked the navy wool version shown in the lookbook) . :eek:

Last edited:

Severisth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kind of like the navy version of the Armenian jacket that's up on WW, much better looking than the one with the different colored inner layer like in the look book

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The more I look at the Armenian jackets the more I regret not being smarter with my money and getting an Alpaca jacket when I had the chance. I like some of the Armenian jackets but the Alpacas were grails (especially the moss green one). :(

vvv I'm a 4. Didn't really like the brown twill alpaca anyways.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's your size? There's a last brown twill alpaca jacket lingering on gravitypope (sz 6 though)

Platypus

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Jet: Regarding the shirts, on the individual product pages on suspensionpoint.ca the button down shirts are clearly listed whether they are the slim (Shirt Kilim) or regular (Shirt Oriental) styles.

Blackmaged: I'm glad that you are keeping such a close eye on our stock levels! More people should jump on the Coat Berber. It is, speaking personally, a really awesome piece and the best showcase for the tartan fabric. The cut and length of the coat fits with the checks very well and it is striking, yet everyday wearable.

The Armenian jacket, because of how it is layered at the front, doesn't work too well with the tartan check fabric in my opinion. The jacket style itself is very nice this season though. Both the cuffs and hem are only partially ribbed which is good for how it falls on the body and the double front closure lends itself well to being styled in different ways.

Kross

Reaction score
That tartan berber is the best piece I've seen this a/w. If only I had 1.2 to drop :(

Feji

Reaction score
OC has some new SS stuff up on their site.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sisian and Spitak knits look horrible on almost every model. Wish SS had a better cut on those.

Seems a lot the Cardigans are pretty long this season too instead of too short... Cardigan Shir looks the right length though

*sigh*

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads