• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

francisxavier

Reaction score

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just ordered the Alpaca jacket ( http://www.openingceremony.us/products.asp?menuid=1&productid=43597&sproductid=43596 ) in a size 4. I'm a skinny-ish guy and I'm about 5'9. When I called, the girl I talked to said a 3 might be too small. Reading through this post and by judging the model, a 4 might actually be too big on me. What do you guys think? Keep in mind that this is my first SS piece.

Purchased from OC? I think you're my enemy for purchasing the jacket in my SS size especially since I had my eyes on it :slapfight:

So did they say they actually receive the jacket in store then? They were supposed to call me when they arrived (they still weren't in store at OC last week when I stopped by) so I was just curious if they were indeed in store and available or whether your order will get cancelled (in which case I will get you back when it does indeed arrive in store!). I'm kidding about that getting back part, but not really, just kidding. :D

What sizes do you generally wear in jackets/tops and from what other brands?

Last edited:

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just ordered the Alpaca jacket ( http://www.openingceremony.us/products.asp?menuid=1&productid=43597&sproductid=43596 ) in a size 4. I'm a skinny-ish guy and I'm about 5'9. When I called, the girl I talked to said a 3 might be too small. Reading through this post and by judging the model, a 4 might actually be too big on me. What do you guys think? Keep in mind that this is my first SS piece.

you should be fine, I would be surprised if you the 4 was too big, then again I have a sweater in a size 7 and I'm a smedium :foo:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I received the Montana Shawl from OC the other day, but I've been away so no time to post more details yet. I should hopefully get some fit pics and feedback tomorrow. The quick version though: it's awesome.

Has anyone received the departure shirt in red yet? I'd love to see some fit pics

I don't think anyone is getting them yet (particularly from OC) since they keep cancelling orders. I'm sure that's due to them not actually having them in store/stock yet. Soon enough though and I want to see fit pics too.

francisxavier

Reaction score
I have my ways!

If it doesn't fit, I'll give you dibs for retail price if you like. :nodding:

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stumbled on this while browsing a jp webstore. Looks like part flannel and part hairs knit. Awesome.

KQ55U.jpg

Last edited:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edit: Covered. Thanks for head's up on its existence snake :)

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I received the Montana Shawl from OC the other day, but I've been away so no time to post more details yet. I should hopefully get some fit pics and feedback tomorrow. The quick version though: it's awesome.

Alright, so I had a chance to get some fit pics up for whoever may be interested. Check my previous posts and my profile for my sizing in brands. I had to enhance the fit pics since it's rainy and dark and I have no light in my room. Close-ups reflect the true colors. I'm wearing a size IV in these. I can't wait for winter. Enjoy.

Fit Pics:

Delicious close-ups:

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful, thanks for the close-ups. Really shows why SS is so good.

Last edited:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow the closeups really take the piece to the next level... this small voice keeps saying "1 of everything 2 of some!" in the back of my head.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to find Schneider in size 3 is depressing. And even when it's there, that **** never makes it to sales. Sad life. I can only hope for another Sipang sales thread.

Also, tonio, that sweater looks really great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads