Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. msg

msg Senior member

What is the right body for this stuff?

2. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

1,92 m 74 kilograms.

3. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Really tempted to buy sipang's knit and just wear it oversized and lounge around

4. drmmr

drmmr Senior member

5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

If you're undecided on this because you feel the knit is too big, I'd say reconsider. I think it looks great the way it is, in my opinion that's the ideal "oversized" look. The sleeves are a bit on the long side but even the way its folded on your arms seems good to me. You could probably give the sleeve a roll too to help that out. I think if you sized down, it might be better in the sleeves, but you might be pushing it on the shoulders and chest. What size do you wear in SS shirts in general?

It's funny b/c we're almost similar dimensions except you have about 5-8 lbs on me and I was considering the cardigan version of this in a IV, but since I'm a tad smaller, a size down might be better suited for my build.

I really think it depends. The way it ultimately works on the individual's ultimately decides that. Sometimes they can be too oversized in design for say a smaller frame like myself, but not for someone who may take my same size, but have a slightly bigger/broader build. For instance, I like the fit of the sweater on Feji. If he sized down, I don't think it would look as nice.

I've considered doing the same, but I think it would be too big for me for that too. That knit seems to be sized (and the same material and year) as the Author Cardigan that I had to part with for being just too big. It still pains me to this day. If this knit was a size III, I would already to be wearing it, despite being summer, it's that good.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

yeah what is the ideal body?

7. Feji

Feji Senior member

I agree, it looks fine as is.... but I'm afraid of the cuffs stretching out after some wear. Then the sleeves won't bunch up as intended and the intended fit will be lost. I thought about rolling the sleeve cuff if it started to stretch, but at that point the sleeve would probably continue to stretch.

Edit : I don't own and never tried on SS shirting. My first SS piece was the short/cropped cardigan from SS12, which I sized up to a V. Since then I've picked up the Alpaca re-issue from Au Revoir in a IV and the Sisian crew in IV.

8. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I don't think the sleeve hem should stretch much unless you're constantly tugging at it, stretching it out for some reason, or pulling it up over your forearm. Based on your sizes and frame, it seems like I'm a size down from you for the bigger/oversized pieces. You'd likely be a V in shirts.

9. Noctone

Noctone Senior member

Twink.

10. MS007

MS007 Senior member

Some people here... do you really think any designer would be offended if you d wear his clothes different then in the lookbook/runway show?
    Let alone Schneider with his unphilosophical stance towards fashion?

The talk about bodytype is also bs.

This.

11. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Feji, no offense, but I don't think you have quite the right body for oversized knitwear. Even the faintest twinks can look pretty lost in something so oversized. The lookbook certainly doesn't show any fits that oversized. I'd say reconsider if you aren't 100% happy, considering the cost of the piece.

Sus Point had a great pick up, really want to buy that grey hidden placket shirt, black hoodcoat and all the scarves. Maybe the dark grey trousers too

12. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

You guys make my head hurt...

On a non-oversized vs. slim fit SS look/what's the perfect build for SS/related note, here's an interview with the man himself I discovered from a Japanese site from July. Translation is from Google so it's a bit choppy to say the least. Link.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

not feeling that knit worn feji

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

The cardigan version is so much better than the pullover.

15. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Well someone post a lookbook pic with that sweater fitting similar to Feji's and I'll relent somewhat, with the caveat that I still think it looks sloppy and isn't doing him any favors