Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jwkicks, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Adubz

Adubz Senior member

Just wanted to thank you for posting this. :slayer: I missed out on getting it from Au Revoir et Merci and was looking for one on the forum, and with your help ended getting the jacket at a price lower than what I was expecting to pay.

2. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

^ Does the weather in LA really allow for wearing a coat like the Alpaca or is this just a collector's piece?

Decided to list that killer cardi from last season after all. Need some funds for personal expenses. In fact several Schneider pieces coming to a B&S near you soon.

In any event. Between this season's Schneider and Leder, I am going to have to have to show some real constraint :embar:

3. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

SS really is so much nicer in person isn't it? Nice pickup on the shirt. What are your thoughts on that one. I was actually looking at that one myself, but was wondering if a wool tee that's dry clean only was going overboard haha. What so you?

4. Adubz

Adubz Senior member

Lol, honestly - NO. In LA, I'd be lucky if I can get two months of wear out of the year, my only justification for these outerwear purchases is that I do a bit of traveling and it comes in handy when i travel to places with cooler climates. Regardless, it's still rather silly how much I have spent on outerwear in the last two months considering the weather. I might just be hoarding shit right now.

5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Haha, riiiight. Well keep booking vacations in cold weather climates. I hear you on "justifying" purchases, I am guilty of that just like many of us on here :lol:

6. palma

palma Senior member

Definitely is the best...desperately looking for one myself size 3 or 4. I hope the new jacket that looks very similar isn't just a jet black.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

you and I are pretty much the same size in everything tonio

8. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Tonio...tonio, my friend...what pieces, perchance?

9. Feji

Feji Senior member

+1. Is that loden cardi really $525? :paranoia:

10. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Yeah, felt a bit strange buying a wool tee but it's really nice. Although I wouldn't have guessed it was made of wool if it wasn't for the tag. The blue part feels like cotton and the black part reminds me of polyester. Thinking I might wear another tee underneath it so I won't have to wash it that often. But got several wool and cashmere sweaters that say dry clean only but I always use the wool program on the washing machine and it has always worked fine. So will do the same with this one

It fit quite nice in the body but when I moved my arms it got a bit tight in the upper arms which slightly restricted my movement. Not sure what causes this but it's something I experience with some shirts. Might pick it up if it goes on sale but wasn't prepared to pay full price for something that wasn't perfect. Think it was a size 7 I tried on while it seems I am a 6 in the knits.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  11. Adubz

Adubz Senior member

Received the Alpaca jacket in anthracite today, could size up to a V but it still fits relatively well.
    [​IMG]

I am still trying to figure out how to arrange the scarf so that it looks like this picture though

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  12. Feji

Feji Senior member

Did you button the scarf? there's four holes to hook the scarf onto, two on the right side and two more on the left, one set going under the scarf and the other over (if that makes any sense).

13. Adubz

Adubz Senior member

^ it makes sense, thanks man. I kinda figured it out after playing dress-up with the AC blasting under this LA weather. Now I am just waiting for the SS to drop at South Willard. Man, I got issues.

14. death shot

death shot Senior member

I'm pretty determined to get that Hood Coat in a III. I'LL PAY TOP DOLLAR. Is there any more info on it?

15. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I actually prefer the alpaca coat without the knit thing. It makes you look kinda chubby imo. It is soft as shit though