Stephan Schneider Styleforum Preorders are now open until noon, February 3.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

What is the trouser sizing like? Are they more like this season's player trousers or more like the crosswords in terms of seat and thigh? Thanks!

2. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

Tempting. I already have two long coats though and adding a third seems redundant, and I'm not sure how flattering the thinner jacket would look on me. Hmm.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I don't know, in that this is my first first hand experience with Stephan's trousers, and I would not fit into any trousers that fit Tommy the model. The best way to gauge the fit is to look at the fit on the model compare to the shots whee he is wearing slim jeans, which Tommy was wearing when on wearing the samples for us. As you might be able to tell from the pictures, the thighs and seat are more relaxed than were his jeans, which were pretty generically slim tapered jeans.

4. LA Guy

Frankly, if you have two long coats, I would go with another long coat, since they obviously suit you. Unless you have something that is similar in both cut and color, imo, it's not redundant. I don't personally believe in filling categories just so that you have a "complete" wardrobe. Most people tend towards specific shapes, textures, and colors. I think that people are often happiest with their clothes when they play on just one of those, instead of trying for something completely different. So, maybe a long jacket in a color that you find appealing, and matches your wardrobe, but that is not one you wear every day?

That's my personal preference, of course.

5. LA Guy

The color is... amazing. I've seen a lot of your pictures, and you could easily pull it off. I personally see it with dark everything else, as a palette to really set off that striking color, but there are a lot of ways to style it. What I love about the color and texture is that it could go with black or blue, or even some shades of brown. Also, burgundies. Um, maybe some judiciously chosen green, if you are cool enough to pull off that subtle clash. A tan knit is nearly too easy.

6. Pangolin

Pangolin Senior member

I would size up from the crosswords if were to get them. They look pretty slim.

7. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Yeah that's my sense too, they seem to have the players cut but it depends if he is wearing a 3 or a 4.

Not sure if I'll get them though. I tend to shy away from very loud pants. I rather have a solid color and then have unique tops

8. LA Guy

They are definitely distinctive, and possibly not for everyone, but I'm not sure that they would qualify as loud. Although the pattern is large, the colors are pretty muted, and the material is flocked, so it absorbs a lot of light and look generally "soft.": I frankly can't think of any Schneider piece that could be properly described as high voltage.

9. LA Guy

He is wearing a size 4. I don't know what size you would normally wear, but I would definitely err on the size of larger if you are a looking for a similar fit and you have the glutes and thighs of someone who lifts, does crossfit, whatever. These pants are supposed to drape, and you really don't want them to bunch in wierd ways. Look at how clean they fall on Tommy. You can get pants taken in easily Letting them out and achieving the same fit would be much harder.

10. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Maybe loud isn't the word but definitely striking and I think challenging to wear. They definitely are beautiful!

11. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

@LA Guy - the other question I have is about the oil and thinner jackets in the Navy with the cool backing. Are those both the exact same fabric and lining, and are they the same weight? My impression is that it's exactly the same just the style is different.

12. LA Guy

Yes, it's the same fabric, in two different jackets. We realy concentrated on specific fabrics that really caught our eye, and that one was especially charming. The collection was a based on a lot of oil paintings that Stephan had that he painted over in navy, black, or burgundy, and the fabric, all navy/dark blue on one side,.hiding a blue and red pattern, both looked amazing asa garment fabric and was a hidden treasure that told the story completely.

13. oulipien

oulipien Senior member

It would be really great if there were some sizing suggestions or measurements for all the pieces that don't require you to know your size in other possibly idiosyncratic pieces ... I own no Schneider at all, so knowing that this season's foo is slimmer than last season's bar is not useful. Some people in the Schneider thread have dropped a few hints, but (speaking as a newb) it's kind of alienating to have to hunt for that kind of info.

14. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Very nice, I might get the thinner in that. What is the fabric weight like? And any sizing advice? I'm a 5/6, the rock and algae I took 6s, my bust is 41-42in (meaty lats haha)

15. LA Guy

Okay, yeah, fair enough. I can give sizing suggestions, but not measurements, since we saw just the samples, and designers do not give out measurements, which can be very confusing and misleading anyway.

For the outerwear, I would say that the typical sizing will hold.

III=46, IV=48, V=50, VI=52 VII=52 (EU sizing convention, which if strictly translated, are a bit smaller than the US "counterparts"

For the trousers, I would say that the size is shifted, so my personal recommendation would be

III = 44, IV=46, V=48. VI=50 VII=52.

though nominally, the same sizing convention as for outerwear applies.

I'll go into the store and do this as well.