• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stephan Schneider Fit Question

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Stephan Schneider?

Their Spring/Summer line looks great and they have some shirts I'd like to buy. Any ideas on how they fit/run?

Thanks

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Really, really great shirts.

I've got a 38" chest, typically a Medium in most slim designer stuff like BoO, and yet I'm somewhat in between sizes for Schneider. I've got a s/s shirt in a size 4 (38) that fits about perfectly and a l/s shirt in a size 5 (40) that's just a touch looser in the body but still fits great. I'd say it really depends on the kind of fit you're looking for.

Still, some of the best fabrics I've worn (better than MMM shirts, IMO) and great details.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight. I'm typically a large with about a 42" inch, chest however the one BoO shirt I have is an XL since the fit is more snug. I am looking for a tailored fit, nothing skin tight, but definitly not too baggy.

I think I'm going to head over to South Willard in the next day or two and try some on there. Thanks again for your help.

pinoy

Reaction score
I'd recommend a size 6 for you Spencer. Whodini is on the money with Schneider. His fabrics and construction are always top notch. That being said, MMM shirts still fit me better..

sl33p3rs

Reaction score
is this the long t-shirt your asking about?
7993e11204b215b27694b6f139e34ce8.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinoy
I'd recommend a size 6 for you Spencer. Whodini is on the money with Schneider. His fabrics and construction are always top notch. That being said, MMM shirts still fit me better..
Not to go all jet on everyone but I really want that grey checkered s/s shirt on SW.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pinoy

Thanks man, I was thinking that size too.

Originally Posted by whodini
Not to go all jet on everyone but I really want that grey checkered s/s shirt on SW.

BINGO!

That is the shirt I'm going to get
worship.gif

IMG_4909.jpg

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Just buy it. You have no idea how good that fabric is until you have it in your hands. I also really love the buttons he's used the past few seasons.

I'm going to, but why pay $18 for shipping when the stores only 20 minutes from my house. I'll go there tomorrow
wink.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Margiela fabrics are still better, you'd probably be a 7 if your chest actually measures 41-42.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, do they sell Size 0-1-2? What is their smallest and whats the chest on it? I have a 32" chest but could deal with a 34" if they didn't have any smaller. Would like more info (google didn't find anything
frown.gif
)

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think 3 is the smallest, and yeah, if your chest measures 42" you should probably go for 7.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like everyone wants the same shirt, guess I shouldn't wait for sale season... I'm copping the long sleeve though.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
South Willard

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads