• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stel's, Boston

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to Stel's this afternoon, at the suggestion of LA guy. As he intimated, the owners really are lovely people; I felt like a welcome guest in their home while I was there. They also are very taken with L.A. guy. They are impressed with his breadth of knowledge and have taken some cues from him regarding lines they should carry (and they are both experienced people having working with Zegna, among others). I suggest you check them out--limited selection but thoughtfully chosen, and they really are sincere in what they're doing. Also, they will be introducing the A.P.C. line into their store soon, which intrigues me personally. Stuff I bought from them: 2 pairs of Mason's pants, one pair of micro-wale cords in a dark blue, and a combed cotten pair in a gorgeous golden pumpkin spice-tone. Great fit, good value. The topper was the unlined navy coat by Duffer St. George in a heavy cotton herringbone. Perfect fit, including the sleeves (so rare for me, a 38S). I understand it's not a tailored piece per se, but even the sleeves which have a buttoned cuff, were right there. Great details. Very nice all around. I'll definitely be back. PS: Also viewed the stuff mentioned specifically by LA guy: the  Schiele shirt was really sweet, unfortunately too small for me. I saw the aforementioned Yoko Devereaux jacket and it looked pretty cool, but just a bit too fashion forward for an old timer like me. I'm real happy with the Duffer of St. George that was hanging right there beside it.
wink.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kudos. Tina and Dave are great people (I haven't really talked to Jon much, but Gary Drinkwater says he's a good guy), and I would encourage everyone to visit their store. They have a website: www.stelinc.com, which shows their line. In general, they carry really well edited selections of separates from less known lines, with an emphasis of textured fabrics and clean, understated cuts. I would say that people looking for basic but stylish clothes are their customer. I hate to put labels on a store like this. I guess understated urban chic is the closest I could come. With their 40% off sale right now, definitely worth a look.

SmartDresser

Reaction score
They have a website: www.stelinc.com, which shows their line. Â In general, they carry really well edited selections of separates from less known lines, with an emphasis of textured fabrics and clean, understated cuts.
I visited that website, www.stelinc.com, but it seems to be a mortgage company. Is there an updated address? You make this store sound really stimulating. Do you have the street address, so I can visit next time?

SmartDresser

Reaction score
Sorry, the website is www.stelsinc.com. Â I forgot the "s" after stel. Â All the info is there. Â Can't say enough good things about the store.
Thanks, LAGuy. Going back east in spring. I am assuming the store is in Boston. But, either way, will bet street location from website.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received a personal thank-you from Jon at Stel's the other day. A relatively simple, but thoughtful gesture. Also, a smart business move, esp. for a young shop with ambition.

It is a very welcoming touch, one that continues to make an impression long after you've left the shop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads