• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stella Artois Beer Bottle Cap Cufflinks

ccc123

Reaction score
Anyone ever see something like this, It looked like a standard stella Beer Bottle cap made into cufflinks, perhaps set in silver, however the fluted edges were still on too. I didnt get a chance to ask the guy wearing them, it was at a gallery art opening, so they maybe something someone who creates one of a kinds did.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kent Wang could probably knock get his troops to knock you up a pair, if you asked him nicely.

The sharp fluting would play havoc with fine cotton though. Maybe a touch of clear resin needed around the edges?

Not sure I'd be a fan of the look, though it's a certainly a cute idea.

ccc123

Reaction score
Thanks Holdfast, I would only do this with a very laid back casual look, if one can say French cuffs are casual?? - its just something that appealed to me and i thought was fun, and in the right context without taking myself to seriously, would like to have them around - Thanks again for the tip, and indeed the edges would need to be buffered as they would most certainly shred anything they touched! - any more RLPL coming up - I'm looking like a rock star thanks to you!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ccc123
Thanks Holdfast, I would only do this with a very laid back casual look, if one can say French cuffs are casual?? - its just something that appealed to me and i thought was fun, and in the right context without taking myself to seriously, would like to have them around - Thanks again for the tip, and indeed the edges would need to be buffered as they would most certainly shred anything they touched!

white FC shirt, open collar, couple of buttons undone, slightly distressed jeans, nice boots, maybe a casual shirt-jacket of some sort... yeah I can see how it would work pretty well.

- any more RLPL coming up - I'm looking like a rock star thanks to you!
Glad you're having fun! Couldn't find much decent earlier this week, so maybe a couple of weeks time. Summer can get a bit slower - peak times are Spring and Autumn with a high turnover of new stock.
smile.gif

ccc123

Reaction score
you have the idea with the links my friend!

I'll keep my eyes wide open for your offerings!

Reaction score
this sounds like a craft fair type product. if you attempt to make some yourself please pick a beer better than stella.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are Stella bottlcap cufflinks a signal that you are planning on getting really drunk and then bottling the marketing director?

I do like Stella though, so if you need some caps let me know

K

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 11211
this sounds like a craft fair type product. if you attempt to make some yourself please pick a beer better than stella.

Ohhh **** off you twat

K

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stella is great, but if you are going to literally wear the brand on your sleeve you might want to pick something a little more exotic, maybe something local.

Sounds like a fun project, maybe even use a different brand for each sleeve.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easiest way is probably to sand the edges down or bend them over and then glue them to a cheap pair of thrift store cuff links.

I'm gonna give this a shot and post pics when I get a chance.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe a bit too big?

K

ccc123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coconut
Are these the ones?

well they sure look like the ones I saw - I seem to remember red letters?

To all who have judgments about the kind of beer, please consider the concept not the brand of beer, I imagine this could be done with any brand, so to each is own, you pay your money and you make your choice!

this is not about taking myself to seriously, just having a little fun.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads