• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stefano branchini

jrh

Reaction score
Several years ago I picked-up a pair of Stefano Branchini wing tip shoes in light antiqued tan.  Does anyone know much about this Italian shoe company?  The shoes are very nice with lots of hand work.  A bit funky, but very classy with squared toes.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If my memory serves me, the owner of Stefanobi started Branchini after selling Stefanobi to LVMH. As you said, they are very expensive, high quality handmade shoes.

I'm not fond of the overly extended and squared welt they often do, but have seen a few of the more conservative models that were quite nice. Wilkes Bashford carried them for a bit but they didn't go over that well. I think they are still pretty big in Japan. Naturlaut might be able to provide more insight - I htink he has mentioned them a few times.

naturlaut

Reaction score
I'm not fond of the overly extended and squared welt they often do,
Stefano Branchini now makes two lines of shoes. The top line is completely handmade, and prices can compare to Lattanzi. The other line is more like the top Mantellassi shoes (with the signature not sewn-on label), and the same factory also makes shirts and leather goods under his name. I often admire the many shades of colours he works with --- though not always wearable for a dork like me, but a real beauty nevertheless. Choosing leather colour is one of the highlights when doing bespoke Italian shoes.

I don't know if his shoes are available in US. In Japan they sell for around US$2000, and you will often see them selling out certain models even at this price.

jrh

Reaction score
I found mine at Barney's in NYC. I recall they sold in 1993 for $750.00. The sales men said they came from a small shop and were hand made. I found them on sale. The box is a yellowish tan craft paper glued on card board; with hand written type in Italian.  There is a rope attached to the box to tie the top on.  The inside of the top has script in Italian. They are dated 26, Maggio 1993 and signed by Brauchini Stafanio (I think). The top of the box is labled in script Brauchini Calaolerig (I think).  There is a burgundy wax seal. A small type set label as StefanoBi. There is a Crest with a Capital B in the middle.  The soles have brass tacks in bunches of five along the edge and on the heal.  The laces came with tassells attached. Are  these the same selling for $2000.00 (wow.). Several Japanese web pages are showing these same shoes. see: http://www43.tok2.com/home....ni.html

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do yours have that braided welt? If so they would cost you bucks these days...

jrh

Reaction score
The welt on my shoes are not braided. There are two rows of hand stitches. They are not perfect and thus have the true look of hand work.

TimelessRider

Reaction score

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up three Stefano Branchini shoes yesterday for Euro 150 each: A blue boot version of this: Brachini shoes A black boot version of this: Branchini shoes This shoe in light taupe with broguing on the tip: Branchini shoes Prices I paid any good?
biggrin.gif

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Prices I paid any good?
The prices are good, but light taupe? Whatever next???

As Miss Jean Brodie (in her prime) might have said: "For those who like that sort of thing, it's the sort of thing they like."

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorry, my mistake. I confused "taupe" with some muddy, greyish-blue (kind of Eau-de-Nile in blue). What colour is that?

Whatever, I have no problems with tan as shoe colour in all its shades. It's only grey for shoes that I have a problem with. Yuk.

Again my apologies for thinking you could buy grey shoes.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
what are the prices on these? it's all gibberish on my computer
If my Gibberish Decipherer is working, 144,000 Yen, which translates to $1320 at today's exchange rates.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads