• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stefano Bemer Thread

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Subscribing...

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big fan, there's an RTW thread - https://www.styleforum.net/threads/stefano-bemer-rtw.82983/#post-9568752

I own 2 pairs of C last, I love the curve of the toe box, in general I like most of SB lasts. I also found the size is smaller true size.

X-post my photos:)

1144106-96d95d0daf35d98475ee43bd8d53fb8e.jpg

1144109-e4892929c934b37049deb1ca0561e270.jpg

gmehra

Reaction score
Thank you!

I am also looking at one pair of derby in J last, I really love it. curious to know if I should choose the same size between J and C, if anyone has such experience.
I wear 43.5 in the C and 43 in the J. The J does fit slimmer though so some wear the same size

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear 43.5 in the C and 43 in the J. The J does fit slimmer though so some wear the same size
Thank you for your advice!

I did most of my shopping online so always gamble on the sizing... lolz.

43 fits a bit big on me, so maybe I should go for 43 in J. (But the thing is that the pair I am looking at is in 42.5 >.<)

BTW how was your trip in Toronto?

gmehra

Reaction score
Thank you for your advice!

I did most of my shopping online so always gamble on the sizing... lolz.

43 fits a bit big on me, so maybe I should go for 43 in J. (But the thing is that the pair I am looking at is in 42.5 >.<)

BTW how was your trip in Toronto?
it was great! was good to see all the stores in person. especially liked Robert Jones, very nice curated selection of shoes, shirts, and suits

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of classic black cap-toe Oxfords on the C last when I was in Florence a couple of years ago. I never wear them. I found them to be difficult to break in and, indeed, painful on my big toe joint. So they sit in their beautiful wooden box, in my closet.

This experience and others has taught me a lesson I hope I've finally learned: if it's not made by Edward Green and it's not on the 202 or 606 last, I'm not buying it.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out if the cheaper bespoke option of stefano bemer "is worth it", it seems like they only offer a choice of already existing lasts. I thought the beauty of bespoke is the custom last just for your feet - am I missing something? Why is it called bespoke, isn't it essentially MTO? I guess the difference is that I can actually design my own shoes?!?

Our Blue Bespoke, instead, does not allow the customization of the sole (it comes bevelled, no fiddle back) and height of the heel (but you can indeed request to shave it slightly inward, in the Cuban style). We use our traditional 1940 Duer stitching machine to stitch the fore-foot portion of the sole (while we hand-stitch the shanks) onto the welt (which is always hand sawn in each of our lines). Our Blue bespoke service currently starts at 2650.00 €.

1. First Appointment : design, skin, and last selected and measurements taken. We are always on the move, please check our trunk show agenda to see if we are in your area.
  2. Second Appointment : after about 6-8 weeks, we will call you in for the preliminary fitting.
  3. Shipment : after 10-12 weeks, we ship all orders to you using FedEx (3-5 days for delivery).

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out if the cheaper bespoke option of stefano bemer "is worth it", it seems like they only offer a choice of already existing lasts. I thought the beauty of bespoke is the custom last just for your feet - am I missing something? Why is it called bespoke, isn't it essentially MTO? I guess the difference is that I can actually design my own shoes?!?

Our Blue Bespoke, instead, does not allow the customization of the sole (it comes bevelled, no fiddle back) and height of the heel (but you can indeed request to shave it slightly inward, in the Cuban style). We use our traditional 1940 Duer stitching machine to stitch the fore-foot portion of the sole (while we hand-stitch the shanks) onto the welt (which is always hand sawn in each of our lines). Our Blue bespoke service currently starts at 2650.00 €.

1. First Appointment : design, skin, and last selected and measurements taken. We are always on the move, please check our trunk show agenda to see if we are in your area.
  2. Second Appointment : after about 6-8 weeks, we will call you in for the preliminary fitting.
  3. Shipment : after 10-12 weeks, we ship all orders to you using FedEx (3-5 days for delivery).

This is a good article to check out to compare the prices (aproximate)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would definitely recommend Bemer. I actually posted some pictures on another thread @dauster so you can see mines (just added them here). I have these brown ones, as well as, @Andy57 mentioned, black cap toes on the C last. Have to go over the storage garage again since I can not find them (fall weather shoes) so you can see what they look like used.

No issues with sizing and mines look pretty new, especially considering they are 2 years old.

I would actually try to check out the regular sizes then modify your size off a preexisting last. If you have access to a bespoke maker for less than $2500 or less, go the full bespoke route. Either Vivian Saskia Wittmer or Bocache & Salvucci would be excellent options. If you are prefer to be near Spain, Ramon Cuberta is amazing to work with.
20190829_214729.jpg
20190829_214723.jpg
20190829_214717.jpg
20190829_214819.jpg
20190829_214747.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics