• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stefano Bemer Thread

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might be a way to get cash inflows since I’d imagine sales are down versus last year. New space might also be smaller.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stupid question but why not move their shoes with them, what’s stopping them? I mean you load them on the truck and then unload them, where is the big deal. anyways, enjoy the sale whoever is in the area.

no idea, the location they have on UES is already shared with another bespoke tailor, so can't imagine the new location is even smaller, but who knows. Also when I went there there were so few last I could try on to judge fit, can't imagine it will get even smaller (or maybe the idea, is to store more sample last/size, but cut the other display down)? who knows

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some more bemer photos
716DA535-8422-49EE-9B08-F9AF616AC958.jpeg
5A26F9F8-C9F7-492B-9540-8A979C344A68.jpeg
F0239F1B-7F5B-40B5-8372-B91ED7D3D66A.jpeg

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, got people asking about these jeans all the time. It's from a local Jean Artist in Toronto, Via Piana.
He used a slub denim on this, the slub effect is quite strong, more than a few I saw on the market.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that's an interesting rubber sole, how is the traction

sforum1

Reaction score
Ahhh, got people asking about these jeans all the time. It's from a local Jean Artist in Toronto, Via Piana.
He used a slub denim on this, the slub effect is quite strong, more than a few I saw on the market.
how about the ones in the first picture?

LThomsen

Reaction score
Beautiful. Do they have a normal instep?
What size are they and what sizes do you wear in other brands?

dtwb

Reaction score
Thank you so much!
Yes, normal instep. They're 43 on the S last.
My other comparable pair are bespoke from Cleverley, so doesn't help much with sizing, sorry! However, I've been fitted at Gaziano and am a 9.5 F.

driving glove

Reaction score
Thank you so much!
Yes, normal instep. They're 43 on the S last.
My other comparable pair are bespoke from Cleverley, so doesn't help much with sizing, sorry! However, I've been fitted at Gaziano and am a 9.5 F.

driving glove

Reaction score
Is that the Russian hatchgrain? If so, they were my first, much-loved pair, have two more now, a bison chukka, and a split toe derby. Prefer the chukka with jeans, the others with cords and flannels.

dtwb

Reaction score
Yes, the replica Russian Reindeer (from Horween, I think it is).
Love the idea of a bison chukka! What leather did you go with for the split toe derby?

driving glove

Reaction score
Chelmer museum calf at the suggestion of my Stefano Bemer contact. Same with the bison chukka, I was originally leaning toward kudu. As a general rule I dislike museum calf because I find it too blotchy. The skin they used was very subtle, and is very similar to Edward Green's Dark Oak. Reference: post 611 in the Split-Toe Derby thread, the top shoe in the photo.
BTW, I most often wear my 1786 Horween hatchgrain oxfords with a cigar linen suit, when I don't wear a loafer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads