• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stefano Bemer Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AM and SB consistently have pigskin, though I feel like I have seen GG use pigskin before, just don't remember where (some MTO for sure)

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AM and SB consistently have pigskin, though I feel like I have seen GG use pigskin before, just don't remember where (some MTO for sure)
I guess I thought AM was using something like peccary. Or is that the same as wild boar? At any rate, those shoes look beautiful. I wonder how they compare to the bronze goat that StC is using.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I thought AM was using something like peccary. Or is that the same as wild boar? At any rate, those shoes look beautiful. I wonder how they compare to the bronze goat that StC is using.
AM's hide is most likely the same but the name will always be "wild boar" for reasons.

StC is not even close. The so called "bronze goat" is actually kid leather... I kid you not. Mr. Car has confirmed it himself.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hot damn, those wild pig derbies are stunning! Can't say that I've ever seen that material before. I wonder what the feel is like. They are gorgeous.

Pretty soft, feels similar to a suede shoe on the foot.
The leather is more commonly utilized for gloves, but not unusual for shoes either.

It simply made sense to me to get this leather from a Florentine maker.

(Remembering the scene where Cordell figures he can just flee the scene and put the blame on Dr. Lecter..)

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of you have already seen these, but here they are again. Full Review coming soonish.

Photo 2021-06-21, 13 57 07.jpg Photo 2021-06-21, 13 58 26.jpg Photo 2021-06-24, 18 31 43.jpg Photo 2021-06-24, 18 32 34.jpg Photo 2021-06-25, 16 18 16.jpg

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought you might enjoy. This video is my thoughts on my Stefano Bemer shoes, I paid for them and they don't include any links other than the stuff I am wearing (in other words just don't click the links to Spier, Apposta or Black Lapel).

It's a long video, I messed up the audio and had to reshoot so it could have been better and more technical. Still 30 mins. Had my first wear today in between, very comfortable shoes, slippery at the start, creasing formed nicely (though a little more than usual) next to the wingtip and the classic instep flex point. Residue from too much wax also cleared with some conditioner.

knowsnothin

Reaction score
Hello,
Yes, I most definitely have experience with the original Stefano Bemer; he was my brother and we worked together until his passing in 2012. The Brand "Stefano Bemer", was purchased and is now produced on a much larger scale. I have continued working and handcrafting shoes under my own name, honoring my brother by carrying on our philosophy of traditional handcrafted shoe making (of course my type of craftsmanship only allows for a limited quantity and my customers must have the patience to wait!). I can personally vouch for the quality of any shoe purchased at our shop in San Frediano before 2013.
Mario Bemer
Fun fact—-actor Daniel Day-Lewis also worked at Stefan Beamer learning to make shoes. He moved his family to Italy for 10 months while he learned shoemaking.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fun fact—-actor Daniel Day-Lewis also worked at Stefan Beamer learning to make shoes. He moved his family to Italy for 10 months while he learned shoemaking.
I remember reading about that, I first heard about the connection when I saw him on top gear I think!

BomTrady

Reaction score
I thought you might enjoy. This video is my thoughts on my Stefano Bemer shoes, I paid for them and they don't include any links other than the stuff I am wearing (in other words just don't click the links to Spier, Apposta or Black Lapel).

It's a long video, I messed up the audio and had to reshoot so it could have been better and more technical. Still 30 mins. Had my first wear today in between, very comfortable shoes, slippery at the start, creasing formed nicely (though a little more than usual) next to the wingtip and the classic instep flex point. Residue from too much wax also cleared with some conditioner.

I found the review extremely enjoyable; thank you for it! These were my first SB shoes and the first thing I noticed when wearing them is the lower toe spring. But I had no idea why my foot would continually kick the pavement when I walked on, albeit, often uneven pavement on city streets. The low or almost complete lack of toe spring gives the shoe a beautiful and rare silhouette, IMO.

SB shoes also seem to have a higher instep than some other shoe brands.

My sizing is exactly as yours - UK1/2 up from rtw Carmina, TLB, SC, JL, and equal to G&G, EG, YF, Meermin and AM (at least for me). I've had my pair for more than several years now and I find that that particular leather to be one of the nicest I've seen on a RTW shoe; and being as soft as it is, it will stretch a bit more than some less supple leathers. Nevertheless, I find these to be marvelous and highly durable shoes that seem to look better and better each year I've had them, which I believe is one of the hallmarks of a handmade shoe.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found the review extremely enjoyable; thank you for it! These were my first SB shoes and the first thing I noticed when wearing them is the lower toe spring. But I had no idea why my foot would continually kick the pavement when I walked on, albeit, often uneven pavement on city streets. The low or almost complete lack of toe spring gives the shoe a beautiful and rare silhouette, IMO.

SB shoes also seem to have a higher instep than some other shoe brands.

My sizing is exactly as yours - UK1/2 up from rtw Carmina, TLB, SC, JL, and equal to G&G, EG, YF, Meermin and AM (at least for me). I've had my pair for more than several years now and I find that that particular leather to be one of the nicest I've seen on a RTW shoe; and being as soft as it is, it will stretch a bit more than some less supple leathers. Nevertheless, I find these to be marvelous and highly durable shoes that seem to look better and better each year I've had them, which I believe is one of the hallmarks of a handmade shoe.
Thanks for sharing and watching. It’s a good shoe, I wore it today for the first time. I am also going to study there in February. I keep contact frequently with Mario, who is designing my next pair of shoes at the moment.

stylistically, I am a bigger fan of Paolo scafora but these were pretty decent shoes, especially when you put them on.

Also happy to see I got the size advice right!

basu13

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads