• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stefano Bemer RTW

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While in Florence, I purchase a pair of Stefano Bemer RTW. I wasn't there for long and didn't had the luxury of time to get a bespoke fitting (if I did, I would have gotten a pair of Hidetaka's
smile.gif
). I did have enough time for Mario Bemer (Stefano's brother) to measure me up for future MTO.

standard.jpg

Love the wooden box presentation.

standard.jpg

Vital shoe details on the side of the wooden box.

standard.jpg

Along with a nice personal touch. Your initials printed on the box.

standard.jpg

Lovely shoe bags

standard.jpg

My first pair of Stefano Bemer oxfords.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

All in all, I am pleased with these. Getting fitted by Mario was also a real treat, including a private lesson in polishing my new purchase. These are certainly not going to be my only pair of Stefano Bemer.

Cheers
Gaz

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
great looking shoes just 2 small thing i don't like or prefer if they did not have; firstly is the long/ extended toe cap.

secondly is the facing on the throat, i think it would be a lot nicer with both these modifications

but i look forward to seeing more of your shoes shop visits and purchases!

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
While in Florence, I purchase a pair of Stefano Bemer RTW. I wasn't there for long and didn't had the luxury of time to get a bespoke fitting (if I did, I would have gotten a pair of Hidetaka's
smile.gif
). I did have enough time for Mario Bemer (Stefano's brother) to measure me up for future MTO. All in all, I am pleased with these. Getting fitted by Mario was also a real treat, including a private lesson in polishing my new purchase. These are certainly not going to be my only pair of Stefano Bemer. I'll be making a MTO in the near future, maybe a derby in a dark brown or maybe even something with two contrasting leathers. Only one concern: I have noticed that the pair I bought have signs of stitching on the insole. To my knowledge, this is a tell tale sign of a blake / rapid blake construction. Mario told me that all their shoes are of goodyear constructions and that they are able to replace the entire sole when required. Thus, I am a little confused and was wondering if any more learned SFers can help shed some light on this. Any information would be most helpful. Cheers Gaz

Some lovely shoes you have there, the medallion is nice, reminds me of what is also seen on some of Aubercy's offerings. I also had a very pleasant chat with Mario, after spending almost an hour in the bespoke store. The urge to purchase RTW was there
blush.gif
But fortunedly not in my size, but have a future MTO on hold for spring/summer. When I can get back to pick up. I found it Interesting that our Japanese friend and the Bemers had such different takes on what part of the elephant made for the best hides. Hideka had a black Oxford for which he had used hide from the nose. due to suppleness & fineness. Mario Bemer commented their Elephant offering (derby RTW) to be made with hide from the hind quarters. Admittedly quite different shoes. thanks again & I look forward to your next photo essay
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nicest pair of shoes coming up here for a long, long time.

Congrats and enjoy.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
superb shoes! would you mind telling us how much it cost?

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
Mario Bemer commented their Elephant offering (derby RTW) to be made with hide from the hind quarters. Admittedly quite different shoes.

thanks again & I look forward to your next photo essay
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I was thinking of getting a pair of MTO Bemer in elephant, perhaps a wholecut pair.

Mario is a great bloke and so patient. He reminds me of the gentle side of Leon from Luc Besson's The Professional. I had a very enjoyable time chatting with him.

Funnily enough, I have dealt with independent watch makers and now independent cobblers. Honestly, after such experiences, it is so difficult to go back to just buying a brand. I am truly into buying the artisan.

Cheers
Gaz

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
I was thinking of getting a pair of MTO Bemer in elephant, perhaps a wholecut pair.

Mario is a great bloke and so patient. He reminds me of the gentle side of Leon from Luc Besson's The Professional. I had a very enjoyable time chatting with him.

Funnily enough, I have dealt with independent watch makers and now independent cobblers. Honestly, after such experiences, it is so difficult to go back to just buying a brand. I am truly into buying the artisan.

Cheers
Gaz

Great words...

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful shoes. Some of the finest I've ever seen.

Would someone be willing to explain to a rookie what the "throat" refers to? I'm a good deal rusty with fine shoe terminology.

WilYa

Reaction score
Is the current Stefano bemer RTW line handwelted or goodyear welted? I am asking because sometimes italian manufacturers call handwelted shoes "goodyear by hand" or some such term

sorry for posting to an 8 year old thread, but this is the only relevant one I could find.
Let's revive this thread!
From what I understood, SB RTW construction is "handwelted", similar to enzo bonafe, meaning welt stitches by hand while outsole stitches by machine (for bespoke this will also be handsewn). The outsole stitching is the same as GYW but this is not the key point. Contrary to GYW method which involves rib structure and cork filling, handwelted/bespoke shoes use a thick piece of leather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads